U21's most likely to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

Player Valuation: £60m
I see lots of individual threads about the U21 prospects. We seem to have quite a few who are either on the brink of the first team, or looking like they're not going to make it. Just having a quick look through the list:

http://www.evertonfc.com/teams/under-21s

Who do you think will go on to be a first team regular, and who do you think will be chopped next summer.

I'm thinking we're only going to see Garbutt, Browning, Galloway, Henen and Ledson come through.

Also, unless my eyes deceive me, can't see McAleny on the list anywhere? Not mentioned in the first team squad either.

Kenny is another who is highly rated, and right back is a clear area that lacks depth in the current squad.
Long has quality but probably needs another loan into the Championship.

Who knows though really. Tyias never looked like being able to break through into the first team a few years ago until he really came on all of a sudden. Likewise we all know the impact injuries can have on a players career.

I see lots of individual threads about the U21 prospects. We seem to have quite a few who are either on the brink of the first team, or looking like they're not going to make it. Just having a quick look through the list:

http://www.evertonfc.com/teams/under-21s

Who do you think will go on to be a first team regular, and who do you think will be chopped next summer.

I'm thinking we're only going to see Garbutt, Browning, Galloway, Henen and Ledson come through.

Also, unless my eyes deceive me, can't see McAleny on the list anywhere? Not mentioned in the first team squad either.

Chris Long and Jonjoe Kenny should be on that list as well.

If we ONLY got them thru thats quite an achievment. I believe Kenny is highly rated too, so that would 6 players. How many have come through in the last 5 years??

Rodwell, Barkley......................... to get 6 out of one crop is asking sommet

Within 12 - 24 months, just look at the number of "home-grown" players we could have in our squad!!

very, very impressive.

Well, there's always going to be the inevitable flops but looking through that team... there's a lot of players who seem to be very highly rated by the club.

If we got 6 through into the squad, as mentioned above, that would be nothing less than phenomenal. I would expect less than that making the grade as first team players... could see a few becoming part of the squad but all that aside it will be interesting to watch their development.

A few of those mentioned have been purchased from elsewhere with high expectations ( Garbutt, Galloway and Henin if he stays). I think Everton are going about it the right way though. Develop the player as is required for the 1st team. They will have to be excepfional to make the grade though as the competition is fierce at the top of the league.

You tend to look at the players who've represented their country at every youth level as the most likely - the ones that have consistently been around the best in their age group for 2-3-4 years. Of the current crop, Long, Garbutt, Ledson, Kenny and Galloway have all done that. Even then it's only an indication, though. It's incredibly rare for a club to bring through more than 1-2 academy graduates in a season.

Personally, I think Ledson and Galloway will be top players in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.