U-15 tournament - Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sent an invite to attend but thought I'd be somewhere else.....when are the next games -- I may take a peek.

Ive just Noticed that the EVERTON U15 v SINGAPORE U16 is LIVE on eurosport 2 [channel 411 on sky] at 1.45 pm wednesday afternoon

Both semi final are also live on friday [11am/1.45 if everton make it]

Flamengo U-15 beat Everton U-15 1-0 in 1st game [the sinapore team everton play wednesday have yet to play-they is a sinapore u15 team who beat newcastle 4-3 in 1st game as well as a singapore u16 team taking part]

The whole comp is actually live on eurosport 2 just looking at it

Last edited:

Yes, Eurosport is a bit confusing at the moment since the two channels are currently carrying U-21 European Championships (Rodwell?), U-17 World Cup (Hope? Lundstram?) and U-15 tournament (Everton U-15s) in Singapore. Although it looks like they might be showing the Spain U-21 match tonight.

Apparently we played quite well but the heat and humidity took it out of our lads. They played a full 90 minutes too which is not usual for a u15 team.

Newcastle were 3-1 up with 8 minutes to go and ended up losing 4-3 as they were dead on their feet.

Team: Everton FC

1 Russell Griffiths
2 Kyle Scarisbrick
4 Daniel O’Brien
5 Arlen Birch
7 Joseph Williams
8 Henry Charsley
9 Calum Dyson
11 Ryan Ledson
12 Jon Joe Kenny (Capt)
15 James Graham
16 Charles Edge
6 Oliver Crowley
10 Benjamin Cosgrove
13 Stephen Bullen
14 George Newell
17 Rattiphum Jarungjaroen

Number 17 is from Thailand and is a guest player for the tournament - trains at Everton Chang Academy and Thailand u16s.

Highlights of this game are on Monday Eurosport2 at 10am.

Last edited:
England u21 are on sky as are the other u21 games,Eurosport has u15 games and they have mostly ended before the under 17 world cup games ko because of the time difference etc but everton are live,newcastle were actually 3-1 up with 4mins to go,sinapore scored their 2nd in 86,3th in 90 and 4th in 5mins of injury time

Last edited:
England u21 are on sky as are the other u21 games,Eurosport has u15 games and they have mostly ended before the under 17 world cup games ko because of the time difference etc but everton are live,newcastle were actually 3-1 up with 4mins to go,sinapore scored their 2nd in 86,3th in 90 and 4th in 5mins of injury time

I was including injury time but yes, haha.

Anyone knows anything about this players? Anybody worth having a closer look?
Just watched the highlights of this match - good to see some of the young lads. Did well against a skilful (and apparently slightly older) Brazilian team in the first half, missing a couple of good chances, and faded badly in the second.

Obviously at this age bodies and skills still developing so difficult to make any judgements about players. Having said that, keeper Griffiths did well, Williams seemed energetic and effective in midfield as was Dyson up front in the thankless single striker role for much of the match. O'Brien had some good runs down the wing. Apparently Newell is the son of Mike Newell, according to the commentator.

Most are 14 or 15 but Ryan Ledson is still only 13 so is obviously playing an age up.

Just watching the Newcastle Juve game, 2x45minute periods is too much for u15s in normal conditions, in my opinion. Add in the heat and humidity, personally I think they are being far too demanding of these lads. Not even an hour gone and some were going down with cramp!

Last edited:
If anything else this is an interesting aside. Especially the facebook album there, it provides a look into life as a budding professional footballer while simultaneously reeking of everything awkward that ever happened to every single teenager ever. Brill.

I especially took an interest in the thai guy. I find it funny how the asian market is obviously tappable, literally. Some say it's only due to that market that Utd ever bought Ji Sung Park. All irony and resentment would suggest he's on a play-as-you-pay-deal, considering he actually got 90 minutes here. Didn't someone once win some kind of talent competition reality tv thing which entitled them to join us once too? Jog my memory if you will.

Here's an article on the kid, in typical awkward Singlish (the new paper? wtf?), PDF: http://www.lioncitycup.com/assets/NewPaper_17June2011 - Everton Arrival.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.