Tyias Browning

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I know folk on the back room staff at Wigan and I must ask why his loan was curtailed. A Wigan season ticket holder I know said he's never seen anybody as quick as him on a football pitch. He played full back a few times for them and his crossing wasn't the best but apparently he is rapid.
His athleticism is obviously his strength, he was up against Sterling and Moreno in the derby and he didn't get outpaced. Think someone (Balotelli) also tried to intimidate him and he didn't back down which would have been easy to do given the location and it being his debut.

But his willingness to work also seems to be another asset, like you keeping my fingers crossed he makes it.

I can recall watching Browning a few times a couple of years ago at Southport. He played RB and was truly awful. He looked like he'd never seen a football before. Just shows how difficult to tell who's going to make it and who isn't at that age.

Martinez seems to have him ahead of Galloway at the moment which in itself is interesting. But in a years time I can see Galloway and Browning as our CBs, Stones having been sold on for £30m and Jags being eased into a covering role.

The few times I've seen Browning play for the reserves, he's always impressed me. He did great when he came on as sub vs Liverpool & vs Utd last season.

Martinez had Galloway playing as a left back for the first team, whereas Browning came on as a right back. I don't think either of them are ahead of each other, they're at the same level, on the cusp of the first team squad.

It's generally the players that don't stand out to the average fan that forge a decent career for themselves. I remember reading things about stones on here and some people didn't get the hype at first. It's easy to spot a teenage prodigy, they stick out like a sore thumb. Spotting potential is where the real cash is earned.

The few times I've seen Browning play for the reserves, he's always impressed me. He did great when he came on as sub vs Liverpool & vs Utd last season.

Martinez had Galloway playing as a left back for the first team, whereas Browning came on as a right back. I don't think either of them are ahead of each other, they're at the same level, on the cusp of the first team squad.

I think he's been average. But that's OK as you mention.

He has all the physical attributes however.

Plus he's already better than Distin ever was.

Didn't he cross in the derby that eventually led to Jags goal.

I like the lid. Worth keeping

My comment isnt the begingnand end of his career im sure, just havnt been that impressed any time ive seen him, hopefully there is more there.

Ive tried to watch him a few times and while steady at that level - he has made a few punishable mistakes, always left the most impressed with Dowell.

My comment isnt the begingnand end of his career im sure, just havnt been that impressed any time ive seen him, hopefully there is more there.

Ive tried to watch him a few times and while steady at that level - he has made a few mistakes, always left the most impressed with Dowell.

Either way mate. He's better than Distin.

Big plus in my book!

#tooadloodistin

Thought he looked good yesterday and been pretty impressed with him all preseason ! you think he'll save us a few bob and come through to be a first teamer now ? wouldnt want him pairing with stones yet as he needs experience and along side jags would do well i reckon ! but he's got everything else for me !

Been a highlight of preseason for me, and he looks like hes improved so much with the ball at his feet, his distribution has been sound.

Pace he has is a big bonus aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.