Truly world class.........?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only two Everton players I have seen were TG Jones, when I first started watching the Blues, truly immaculate footballer who was acknowledged by all who played with him, and he would have definitely been at home playing for any team in the world at the time. The other, who has been mentioned already in this thread, Neville Southall, a goalkeeper of the highest order and was the best ‘keeper I’ve ever seen.

Southall
Ratcliffe
Steven
Lineker
Kanchelskis
Rooney
Cahill
Baines

We have had many great players, but I would go for the above as World Class imo.

In the modern prem era, Kanchelskis was unplayable at times, Rooney a phenomenon and Cahill proved at major tournaments that he could hold his own on any stage.

Cahill is a funny one.... probably the least talented footballer I've ever seen do remarkable things. If you could bottle his mentality, heart, application and spring boots you have a very valuable potion.

Southall
Ratcliffe
Steven
Lineker
Kanchelskis
Rooney
Cahill
Baines

We have had many great players, but I would go for the above as World Class imo.

In the modern prem era, Kanchelskis was unplayable at times, Rooney a phenomenon and Cahill proved at major tournaments that he could hold his own on any stage.

Wowzers. I adore Tim Cahill but no he was not world class.

Baines was always great going forward, but defensively the best he ever was was 'good ish'. In fact didn't Ashley whatsisname keep him out of the England team for long periods. Baines was never brilliant for England, one reason being that Gerrard played in front of him and never showed for the ball.
And the one major tournament he was in he got blamed for all and sundry because he was left to defend two players every single time due to Mister Hollywood-pass never bothered to help him out in any match.

Following on from one of @Joey66 recent pictures, he described Ray Wilson as “a great left back in the world”! Got me thinking about the truly world class players I’ve seen play for Everton.

So here’s my small but classy list of the the ones i’ve actually seen and would deem to be world class..............

Alex Young
Ray Wilson
Alan Ball
Neville Southall
Andre Kanchelskis

All depends I suppose on the definition of World Class - so i’ll sit back and wait for the Tony Hibbert, Leon Osman and Ashley Williams shouts!
Rooney

Following on from one of @Joey66 recent pictures, he described Ray Wilson as “a great left back in the world”! Got me thinking about the truly world class players I’ve seen play for Everton.

So here’s my small but classy list of the the ones i’ve actually seen and would deem to be world class..............

Alex Young
Ray Wilson
Alan Ball
Neville Southall
Andre Kanchelskis

All depends I suppose on the definition of World Class - so i’ll sit back and wait for the Tony Hibbert, Leon Osman and Ashley Williams shouts!
Not old enough for the 1st three but couldn’t agree more with the last two - Kanchelskis was the last player we had who made you stand up as soon as he received the ball.

There is only one player who in my time watching Everton deserves the accodale of being World Class...
There are others that are somewhere on the same level as HIM..
and i include Neville Southall, Ramon Wilson and possibly Gary Lineker for his goal scoring abilities...
Ladies and Gentlemen i give you
ALAN BALL

Status
Not open for further replies.