Truly world class.........?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcblue1878

Player Valuation: £50m
Following on from one of @Joey66 recent pictures, he described Ray Wilson as “a great left back in the world”! Got me thinking about the truly world class players I’ve seen play for Everton.

So here’s my small but classy list of the the ones i’ve actually seen and would deem to be world class..............

Alex Young
Ray Wilson
Alan Ball
Neville Southall
Andre Kanchelskis

All depends I suppose on the definition of World Class - so i’ll sit back and wait for the Tony Hibbert, Leon Osman and Ashley Williams shouts!

Following on from one of @Joey66 recent pictures, he described Ray Wilson as “a great left back in the world”! Got me thinking about the truly world class players I’ve seen play for Everton.

So here’s my small but classy list of the the ones i’ve actually seen and would deem to be world class..............

Alex Young
Ray Wilson
Alan Ball
Neville Southall
Andre Kanchelskis

All depends I suppose on the definition of World Class - so i’ll sit back and wait for the Tony Hibbert, Leon Osman and Ashley Williams shouts!

You do know @Joey66 is completely and utterly mad don’t you ?

Alex Young
Ray Wilson
Alan Ball
Neville Southall
Andre Kanchelskis

Wayne Rooney
Romelu Lukaku

World Class = Get in any team in the world

Can't really think of anyone in my lifetime who fits that criteria, maybe Southall for a season or two at his peak.

I wouldn't have classed Rooney as world class whilst he was at Everton (even though he was far more exciting back then).

What about Linekar ? He went to Barca after 1 season.

Peak Baines is probably the closest we've come to having a modern day player who wouldn't have looked out of place in any team in the world.

Alex Young
Ray Wilson
Alan Ball
Neville Southall
Andre Kanchelskis

I remember a true story about Ray Wilson. In the late 1950's I was living in Leeds. I can't remember who the Leeds manager was, (it was before Don Revie).
The Leeds manager, on a scouting trip, went to watch a Huddersfield Town match. The left back in the match programme couldn't play so Ray Wilson played. The Leeds manager was so impressed he bought the name in the programme, who turned out to be garbage. I know, because I saw him play!

World Class = Get in any team in the world

Can't really think of anyone in my lifetime who fits that criteria, maybe Southall for a season or two at his peak.

I wouldn't have classed Rooney as world class whilst he was at Everton (even though he was far more exciting back then).

What about Linekar ? He went to Barca after 1 season.

Peak Baines is probably the closest we've come to having a modern day player who wouldn't have looked out of place in any team in the world.

This. Lukaku shouts are strange seeing as he’s struggled to get a start and been binned off by a turd United. He was great for us, but evidently not world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.