Trevor Steven on talkSPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing. Kendall knew how Goodison could get the team going. He's quoted many times saying it. So where are you getting the he would probably agree from?
Your saying he would be disgusted by it, when you cant possibly know.
Dont forget Howard sat in the stands for many years watching us, he would of heard the crowds getting onto the players, he will know exactly what Trrev means.

Your saying he would be disgusted by it, when you cant possibly know.
Dont forget Howard sat in the stands for many years watching us, he would of heard the crowds getting onto the players, he will know exactly what Trrev means.

In the same token you said no he wouldnt when you cant possibly know either. Im at least going on quotes from kendall from his time at Goodison and how the crowd lifted the team.
You are going on nothing.

In the same token you said no he wouldnt when you cant possibly know either. Im at least going on quotes from kendall from his time at Goodison and how the crowd lifted the team.
You are going on nothing.
Nonsense, you objected to what Trev said about the fans, and them being onto the players backs, then for no reason bought up Howard's name and started talking about quotes from him about fans lifting the players, which is well known, and Trev acknowledged that.
But what people are sulking about is Trev correctly pointing out fans can be a hindrance when they are against the team, and it's true, but you said Kendall would be disgusted in his comments, which is insulting to both Trev and Howard when you have no idea if he thought the same way, personally I'd be shocked if Howard didnt agree.

Sound like kopites when people go on Abar goodison being bad.

It is at times but it's ALWAYS down to what the players are giving the fans. All the fans ask for is effort and commitment, you go out there and don't give it I think everyone is entitled to let them know they arent happy.

Funny when the Bournemouth, villa and Southampton games last season at home when we were absolutely woeful in all 3 don't get mentioned when no fans were there.

Funny when the Bournemouth, villa and Southampton games last season at home when we were absolutely woeful in all 3 don't get mentioned when no fans were there.

Because over the years we have performed as bad as those games many times, against equally poor sides.

Nonsense, you objected to what Trev said about the fans, and them being onto the players backs, then for no reason bought up Howard's name and started talking about quotes from him about fans lifting the players, which is well known, and Trev acknowledged that.
But what people are sulking about is Trev correctly pointing out fans can be a hindrance when they are against the team, and it's true, but you said Kendall would be disgusted in his comments, which is insulting to both Trev and Howard when you have no idea if he thought the same way, personally I'd be shocked if Howard didnt agree.

So now its personaly if howard didnt agree when you claimed he wouldnt. So you're a bit of a hypocrite claiming someone doesnt know for sure while you're doing the exact same thing. Kendall never once slammed the Goodison crowd. Never publically. Privately who knows. But he knew it was not the done thing to make a statement like that. Even after like steven he retired.
Ive been going to Goodison since gordon lee so i know how vicious it can be. Its an interesting comment to make. Not one i particularly agree with.

If it wasn't for our home form we'd have probably been relegated a few times by now.

We are generally VERY good at home and don't normally lose many.

Our away record has been awful for years so thats right. Even when we were bang average many players commented on how tough a place Goodison was to go to. Puts a bit of a myth on it imo.

I used to sit by Tricky Trevs Mrs when I had my season ticket in the main stand.
I used to get embarrassed sometimes because he would get dogs abuse from the crowd.
It wasn't all sweetness and light with that team either.

The reason why we are doing better now is because we have better players that can actually kick the ball forward. Saying it would have been easier to play against WBA and Brighton with no fans is a complete joke. Goodison would have been rocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.