Trevor Steven on talkSPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booing just angered the players in the wrong way. Even Barkley couldn't handle it. Stones and coleman have reacted back badly to the crowds. Some players just crumble like Keane. My question is this the same at all grounds?
No. We're serial winners of the booing, and hold the trophy outright now.

There's an influence but last season we had a tremendous run at Goodison with fans and without them? Not so much ending with Bournemouth beating us 3-1.

I can't see Michael Keane attempting that assist to Calvert-Lewin with a full house though...

So it doesn't happen with other fans then. Just us.
Of course it happens elsewhere sometimes mate..... But has always seemed more passionate at our place.. I've been to a lot of away matches in years gone by and more often than not its been a bit sterile compared to Goodison. The good and the bad hand in hand.

They were aimed at the Directors box, but quite a few landed in the Paddock.. I bet theres still a few in use at some Evertonian homes around the place....
No way was Bob Latchford chucking cushions at John Moore!!! Or fans for that matter. They're not the memories I have!!

tGoodison is not for the faint hearted. Howard Webb said it was the most intimidating ground he had been to, but to present the crowd as being a hindrance to the team rather than a benefit is just offensive crap. 'if it wasn't for that pesky crowd you'd never have left eh Trev. The crowd is the whole effing point. People dont' remember BAyern Munich for the football played but for the crowd, and without it football is nothing. those players the last few years deserved every rollicking they got, some of the performances were a disgrace. Carlo even bawled them out on it towards the end.

I don't ever recall the team of the 80's getting abuse and that's because that team gave 100%.

The days before FIFA and Champ Manager. Now everyone is a bedroom expert and bangs on about inverted wingers and fluid number 9s like they've got a clue. People genuinely believing they know more than people like Ancelotti and expecting every single move to result in at least a shot on goal is what it's partly down to. The best players in the world make the odd mistake, every single one of them - yet now people act like they're the worst player that ever existed if they make one misplaced pass.

Nuggets, the lot of them.

Didnt hear it. Like to know how deep he meant that. Goodison has lifted the team on so many times
Id say if you gave your all and show fight the Goodison crowd got right behind you. Going into your shell was never a good.
Interesting comment though.
Kendall would be disgusted with it.

Its not though, just look on here, Davies got 4 pages of anger he was playing before we even kicked off, some took it for granted him and Siggy would lose us the game, we havent lost this season but most talk is about Pickford....etc

A football forum is completely different to being in the stadium. Tom Davies would not have been booed when his name was called out.

Didnt hear it. Like to know how deep he meant that. Goodison has lifted the team on so many times
Id say if you gave your all and show fight the Goodison crowd got right behind you. Going into your shell was never a good.
Interesting comment though.
Kendall would be disgusted with it.
No he wouldn't, he might of agreed.

Morgan did?

No he might not of done, but a hint of a poor tackle or pass and the idiots would be all over him. With no fans these guys can go out and just play.

But if we are talking about yesterday's performance. He put in a great tackle after a few minutes and the crowd would have loved that.

Morgan got treated like he did for his attitude, he put no effort in training and disappeared for weeks on the pitch.

But if we are talking about yesterday's performance. He put in a great tackle after a few minutes and the crowd would have loved that.

Morgan got treated like he did for his attitude, he put no effort in training and disappeared for weeks on the pitch.
Yeah yesterday, but Tom is one of the players fans waited for the chance to jump on, along with Keane, Siggy, Pickford...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.