Trevor Steven on talkSPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the results all over the place, teams hitting 5 or 6 goals all the time.

Its quite clear that no fans is having a positive effect and also a negative effect.

Some players feed off crowds, others feel the pressure.

As somebody else pointed out, imagine how moody Goodison would have been after Pickford did that yesterday.

But when it's rocking it's very much a help, swings and roundabouts
T
Nail on the head....
Goodison has a passionate support.... Throw a tackle in or refs give a bad decision and its up and off! Don't put the effort in or be sloppy you'll get the negative version. That has never changed in my near 50 years of going there. Me Dad was like that and I've ended up the same. (and I wouldn't swap it either)

He is right.

This team has belief. It can win the league this season with a bit of fortune with injuries.

We, as a fanbase have to believe.

Newcastle fans cost them the title in 96/97 by becoming too nervous. Man City struggled and where lucky to face Stoke in a cup final to end 30+ years of no trophies and QPR having Barton that day when Aguero had his moment to win the league.

Nervous energy spreads. We could do with winning the League Cup and League Title this season, then let us all back in :)

Mate we had positive energy spouting everywhere with bobby and we went gash.

He is right.

This team has belief. It can win the league this season with a bit of fortune with injuries.

We, as a fanbase have to believe.

Newcastle fans cost them the title in 96/97 by becoming too nervous. Man City struggled and where lucky to face Stoke in a cup final to end 30+ years of no trophies and QPR having Barton that day when Aguero had his moment to win the league.

Nervous energy spreads. We could do with winning the League Cup and League Title this season, then let us all back in :)

Haven’t read the whole thread, and I often refer to our decent home form and crap away form when this comes up.

But I definitely agree that nervous energy spreads, and there has been a lot of very negative energy at Goodison over the years; a nervous disbelief... ‘Everton That”.

However, if our away performances are also improving, then it’s more down to the players suffering from the pressure from the presence of thousands of fans, full stop. It clearly ain’t just the absence of the home fans that they are benefiting from.

Improving the midfield 10-fold and replacing the likes of Marco bloody Silva (an extremely crap manager) with Carlo Ancellotti (literally the most successful manager in the world) is also going to have a huge effect!

Booing just angered the players in the wrong way. Even Barkley couldn't handle it. Stones and coleman have reacted back badly to the crowds. Some players just crumble like Keane. My question is this the same at all grounds?

You know I can still remember Bob Latchford trying to chuck one back..... At the Top Balcony ffs!!!
They were aimed at the Directors box, but quite a few landed in the Paddock.. I bet theres still a few in use at some Evertonian homes around the place....

Status
Not open for further replies.