Trevor Steven on talkSPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.
in my experience fans who moan about our support usually dont even go!
they also moan about away ticket credits,everton da s and signing players from clubs that have been relegated!
in my opinion everton fans are second to none mainly for the absolute dross we,ve had to put up with for the last 30 years but still manage to sell out every game!

Interesting little interview this morning on talkSPORT. Steven was being asked what he believes are the secrets behind Everton’s great start.

He said that clearly Ancelotti has got a good team which have bought in to his ideas, but perhaps the lack of fans at Goodison has played a part. He recalled his playing days here and said that the crowd are great, but if things aren’t going well then they can almost become a hinderence.
That will be the fella that sits by me.

I blame the internet ,we have all become accustomed to saying what we want whenever it suits us ,then there are computer games crash and you get back on safe again ,die and you get another life ,we have all lost a certain amount of reality .Laugh if you want but at least think about it .

YOU HAVING A GO AT THE FANS LAD?

But in all seriousness, someone made a good point the other day. It's not that the fans are a hindrance, but Ancelotti has the chance to implement his ideas and bed in new players without any pressure from the Park End.

He doesn't need 40,000 experts moaning at a misplaced pass or telling him to CHANGE IT ANCELOTTI FFS right now. It could be a big boost when we get back, because the team knows what the score is and the fans are seeing something not seen in years.

Tell you what folks, think your being a bit hard on yourselves. I sometimes watch Bayern, or 1860.You can bet when they make a mistake, crowd howls, moans boos or catcalls are deafening. Sure it's the same in most grounds. Carlo is doing a fine job, he has the solution for JP.

in my experience fans who moan about our support usually dont even go!
they also moan about away ticket credits,everton da s and signing players from clubs that have been relegated!
in my opinion everton fans are second to none mainly for the absolute dross we,ve had to put up with for the last 30 years but still manage to sell out every game!
Our away support is rubbish, yeah we sell out but the actual support is poor, how many times has a video been posted of knobs drinking under the stand and people said what a great away day it was, when in reality it was a good piss up and nothing to do with the football.

Dont confuse good ticket sales with good support.

I agree what you say about credits though, that's really annoying, they only moan about Old Trafford..etc tickets but wouldnt go Newcastle on a Tuesday night

But when it's rocking it's very much a help, swings and roundabouts
With this team we have now, every challenge by Allan, every surge by Doucoure, and every crossfield ball by James will be cheered.

Everton crowds react to the game being played in front of them. With this set of players and the way Everton play this season under Carlo, I have absolutely no doubt that Goodison will be a positive cauldron for the new look Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.