Transport from Wirral to Manchester - Dec 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Smith

Player Valuation: £35m
Hi all

Does anybody know of any coaches that will be running from the Wirral (specifically passing the Bromborough area off the A41!) to Manchester, for our evening game on Weds 4th December at United?

I usually travel to matches from East Anglia, but I will be staying on the Wirral that week as I'm working away from home, and I haven't got my car with me! Train is not an option as I will miss the last train unless I leave early, and I really don't want to miss Lukaku's third.

Any help gratefully received :)

Lee

Honestly mate, I highly doubt it. Getting back to the Wirral from Liverpool if it was a home match would be tight never mind anywhere else. Best bet is finding a blue whose driving to be honest, it's a bit of a nightmare getting to the Wirral without a car from anywhere.

Are there no trains to Chester or Liverpool? Could get a taxi from either though won't be cheap!

Honestly mate, I highly doubt it. Getting back to the Wirral from Liverpool if it was a home match would be tight never mind anywhere else. Best bet is finding a blue whose driving to be honest, it's a bit of a nightmare getting to the Wirral without a car from anywhere.

Are there no trains to Chester or Liverpool? Could get a taxi from either though won't be cheap!

Cheers mate. Yeah I could get back the train back to either Chester or Liverpool, but by the time I'd arrive there it'd be too late to get a connection to Bromborough. Was hoping that there may have been a Wirral supporters club going that had a spare seat on a coach or something.

The only one I know of is The primmy in Liscard and the Claughton in Birkenhead. I go with a firm off county road it might be an idea to get on at county road and just get a taxi from the train station.

Pay for a taxi back from town, can't be that , and don't even try and tell me you can't make the 2316/2327 from oxford road!

Better than getting stuck in Manchester. Or Jump a coach, they're more than likely to get you back to Liverpool before 1130, which means you'll at least be on the right side of the water.

Pay for a taxi back from town, can't be that , and don't even try and tell me you can't make the 2316/2327 from oxford road!

Better than getting stuck in Manchester. Or Jump a coach, they're more than likely to get you back to Liverpool before 1130, which means you'll at least be on the right side of the water.

Yep get a taxi back from lime street. When I used to go out in Liverpool and go back to the wirral it was around £45 for 2-3 stops for a big taxi (8 seater) in different villages on a Saturday night. Bromborough should be no more than £25-30 just make sure you book one rather than get into a black cab

Ironically I now live less than a mile from old Trafford but my lack of season ticket means I'll need to go to a pub in Manchester for this one. Might go to one of the student bars as they tend to have a better mix rather than being full of glory hunting united fans

Last edited:

ill be trying for the 1012 from oxford rd,going to leave 5 mins early,theres a train back into manchester from the station at the back of the away end at 2136.

Cheers guys, I was assuming that a cab from Liverpool to Bromborough would be a lot more expensive than that. Looks like its a late train from Manchester then a cab! Thanks for your help.

ill be trying for the 1012 from oxford rd,going to leave 5 mins early,theres a train back into manchester from the station at the back of the away end at 2136.

Though for the last trains (if the game is still a contest with 5 to go and you don't want to leave) just get a tram down to Piccadilly - once you've queued for it it'll only take 15-20 minutes so plenty of time

Status
Not open for further replies.