Transfer Window Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m alright with this window. Would have liked more out the door (still possible mind you) and yeah, it’s all on Yerry to step up and make us not miss Zooms.

We are light in a few areas, but I think we’ve improved depth in cm (tbd if Gbamin is Gana reincarnate). Most importantly, I have hope for our CF... it’s a lot of pressure on Kean (and DCL to be fair) but if they hit it off then great!!

Lot of ifs though.

Central defence a massive worry now.

Centre midfield we'll have to wait and see if Gueye has any natural replacement.

Right flank: I have no idea how Iwobi strengthens us there and we will remain unbalanced as an attacking threat.

Kean is a good signing, but there's absolutley no way we can hand a 19 year old the task of leading this team - it's unfair and implausible.

For me: a 4/5 out of 10 transfer window.

CB aside, am comfortable with the outcome of this window. We clearly had an inside line that Zouma was coming our way and (perhaps complacently didn't have a serious Plan B ready) once Sideshow Bob threw a strop for an Arsenal move at the eleventh hour, our Zouma opportunity evaporated.

In terms of Iwobi, he is a clear improvement on a dis-interested and infinitely less experienced Lookman. The Walcott mark II shouts are lazy club associated based calls. Let's give the lad a chance first.

We have cover at RB, JPG can cover at CB until January at least and a front two (perhaps) of Richy and Kean with two from Siggy, Bernard and Iwobi behind them is light years ahead of what we have been working with previously.

Roll on Saturday.

Very satisfied overall. Unload a few to the Championship and see how we go. Might get as high as 6th/7th this season. Trouble is that would be Europa but we are nowhere near the giants at 1st to 4th.

This time last week I was thinking 9/10 window. Drops to a 7/10 for me.

Gomes should improve and be more consistent now he knows what it takes and has a preseason into him.

Gbamin unknown but looks like he will work hard.

Kean - finally a striker, if an unproven one. He will score more goals than DCL though, without doubt.

Delph - good cover in midfield and can play as 6 or an 8 as well as covering full back. Also, good voice and leader in the dressing room which is important.

Sidibe - unknown if he has recovered from knee injury, cheap deal if he has and experienced cover for Coleman.

Iwobi, more end product than Lookman and works hard. Not convinced he will improve the starting 11 but bench is stronger.

Kind of feels like it promised so much, did well but could have been better

I’m still torn, but can’t get past the fact we are now so reliant on Kean for goals which is a lot of pressure on the lad.

Centre back, Keane and Mina obviously first choice, Gbamin can play there and we have Holgate and Gibson too if ready after Christmas so I’m not overly concerned unless we get injuries.

Not going to say anything about Iwobi as I’ve not honestly got an opinion on him.

I’ll give this window a 6.5 out of 10.

If can offload the rest of the wasters to Europe before the end of the month it’s a 7.5.

CB only real disappointment.

A lot of pressure on Kean but DCL will still get game time and may yet add goals to his locker.
with Kean DCL tosun Niasse - cant really sign someone else without getting rid of one.

The failure to get a CB is disgraceful, and reminiscent of when Koeman and Walsh failed to get a back up left back, which led to Cuco Martina playing there.

The same thing is going to happen next season, without a doubt. There's no way that Mina and Keane will be available for every match.

Progress.

We lost 2 valuable members from last season, 1 wasnt replaced and the other is a wait and see. So we are potentially weaker in defence and midfield, which is a massive worry. Fingers crossed Kean can do the business and we get a bit of luck with injuries until January to hopefully get the c/b we badly need in.

All the shouts for JPG covering CB makes me laugh. We don’t know how he’ll fair at his natural position in the premier league but we are ok having him be the center back cover as well?
Especially when the starting CB is facing a ban for his involvement in gambling issues

Status
Not open for further replies.