Transfer Window rating

Out of 10, what's your rating of our Window?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve scored a 7/10. It’s too early to tell but I’m very optimistic that we’ve finally addressed the midfield especially.
For recent seasons our midfield has been non existent and usually overrun with an inability to keep hold of possession
I hope that it creates a solid balance in our performances and allows what forwards we have more opportunities to score..
What I can’t understand is why they let our young forwards/strikers go out on loan instead of giving them opportunities/experience in the premier league. That is the biggest mismanagement of all.

Board rolling the dice that we can avoid relegation while stadium being built. Think we’ve improved some pieces and loaned out some dross but to go 5 games without a striker ( including signing one but not registering him on time ) resulting in no wins and 3/15 points is negligent. Proof will lie in where we are at WC break.

The fact we needed two forwards since seeing Richarilson leave,I find annoying. With the five subs and given how we pick up injuries I feel we have left ourselfs short, given DCL for the last 12 months as hardly played and feels like we are banking on him being our biggest attacking threat.

the optimists with a surprising early lead in the polls.
rebellions-built-hope-rogue-one.gif

….putting aside who did and didn’t come in, we have played 5 league games and 1 cup game without an effective striker. That isn’t just inefficient, it’s negligence & could prove very costly.

Maupay or AN Other should’ve been acquired as soon as DCL was injured. Thelwell has to be held accountable for not filling that obvious void & I reflected that in my score.

Only time will tell if the players that come in improve us on last season, but I think we have a potential super player in Onana. Generally I’d say;

Defensively - stronger
Midfield - stronger
Attacking threat - weaker

January isn’t too far off and I can see us addressing our weakness in attack but we should have been quicker off the mark in this window.

6/10 for me but with another striker it could have been 8/10.

Hope Maupay can help us as I feel DCL will need about half a dozen games or so just to get back into the swing of things.

Missed opportunity to get a much needed extra striker that could prove costly but Defence and midfield looks so much stronger.

Garner and Onana, Gordon, Patterson, Myko all young players that will hopefully give us the energy and bode well for the future.
Experienced heads such as Tarks, Cody and Gana was necessary, with Iwobi showing his worth at last.

On paper we should be OK so going to be dependent on tactics the manager brings in and finding the right system

Bar replacing Richarlison, which shouldn’t be understated, it’s hard to argue that the squad hasn’t been quite significantly revamped.

Our two biggest areas of the weakness last year were the defence and the midfield, which caused us huge problems, and they’ve been prioritised.

Offensively, we have brought in Maupay and the likes of Gordon and Gray appear to be improving with their finishing, so it’s not all doom and gloom.

A better forward option would have been the final piece of the jigsaw, but perhaps the right option wasn’t available when considering our finances.

So I am going for a solid 7/10 with the belief that we’re heading in the right direction and the issues that have arose will be addressed in the future.

The real acid test will be where we finish this season, however I have more confidence now than I did last season with the squad and the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.