Tranmere Rovers v Everton. 22nd July, KO 7:45pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furey1878

Player Valuation: £70m
So Everton are back, and what better way is there than returning to a glamour-tie of a local derby? By which of course, I mean that team from the (DA) Wirral which is but one of the many, many reasons you’re glad about which side of the Mersey you were born.

Rovers are currently facing difficult times having just been relegated from league one after dwelling there for aeons, never really rocking the boat either way…. The Fulham of third tier football, if you will. However, despite being in a mild turmoil and in the process of rebuilding, they've been gracious enough to not only brace themselves for a Royal Blue Bumming. But have also granted us usage of Prenton Park to play Celta Vigo. It’s akin to a mate giving you the keys to his flat as you've just pulled this Spanish bird, and would feel like quite the tool bringing her back to your place only to find your parents sat off on the couch. Nice one, lad.

prenton-4-6274-222273.jpg

I’ll save the niceties somewhat though as Agent P. Johnson, the tit, is still their Chairman and if memory serves they beat us in the cup last time we played. With that said both teams have been lucky enough to have had the services of one William Ralph Dean, so not all bad.

237527C430507DA6C96AC6F0AA23D2.jpg

As I have absolutely no knowledge of the Tranmere squad or manager (nor any intention to look it up), we shall swiftly move on to all things Everton.

With the exception of a very important permanent deal for Gaz Baz, and marquee contract extension of Tony Hibbert, there's been little on the Everton transfer front so we can only assume that this club is a joke. Seriously though, there’s still plenty of time, you could argue that we need to bed players in early, but I’d counter that with how seamlessly Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku fitted in after being bought on deadline day last year. Chill folks, if we don’t sign anyone in the next 48 hours, I can guarantee it’ll be in the 48 hours after that (and repeat until we actually do sign someone).

I’m looking forward to having Everton back, not sure if we’ll see our World Cup stars, but this match should see not only our fallen comrades return in Kone, Gibson and maybe Bry. But also some of last season’s fringe youngsters in McAleny, Ledson and Garbutt (also Besic will start in goal and Lukaku will cover at left-back). No doubt we’ll see some other youngsters cameo, but the important thing is that we’ll be seeing Everton, a Roberto Martinez Everton at that so we can be sure we’ll be in for some sexy, sexy futbol to get us ready for another exciting season.

GRJ030514EVERTONFC-12.jpg

This should be a good one anyway, a very short trip for travelling Blues who will no doubt be Allez Allez Oh-ing it up to eleven. Right into these Birkenhead beauts please, Everton.

Last edited:
Good read that.

Used to quite like Tranmere when Johnny King was manager.

Their fans don't like folk from 'the mainland' though.

Results don't really matter in pre-season games but I expect Besic will knock in a few for us.

"Right into these Birkenhead beauts please, Everton."

All the way through this, I was thinking 'chico.' The last sentence pushed me over the edge, ffs. Try to be original mate xx

Really good that mate.

There is literally no one on the forum who can't do a better preview than mega-head.

Status
Not open for further replies.