Match Thread Tottenham vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believed that until tonight. Half of them look spent mentally. I've seen us battle out of two desperate situations through sheer effort and hard work.
There isn't an ounce of graft in this team, let alone skill.
They're playing really hard tonight! Genuinely they are.

I was always more concerned about this fixture than the Man City game.

You know what you're going to get with an Everton away performance.

Defensive disarray / cowardice. Players not being able to pass the ball 5 yards to a teammate.

For his own sake Keane needs dropping now. His poor displays are being highlighted and he doesn't have the character to right it.

I can't see us scoring because the attack doesn't get the ball. Doucoure's passing in particular is diabolical. The midfield is now passing it backwards when we get to their box for fear of being culpable of more handing over of possession.

Gordon is the only player to come out of that half with any credit.

No other team in the league or top half of of the Championship would take any of that back four.
Spurs probably can’t believe their luck. This team is in real real trouble.

Not sure if the approach has been wrong but like you pointed out we cannot account for the mistakes. Keane own goal, Pickford blunder then a full back deeper than his centre halves is just thick players.

Not a shot on goal for us either with the super DCL up front mis-timing headers, losing the ball. I would pull DCL put on Gray and stick Richie up front.

We are also giving Spurs the full width of the pitch so they can easily threaten us by having unmarked players free to do as they please.
Agree

Is Grey on the bench? Didn’t think he was.

The defence is a shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.