Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Saturday 23rd October @ 12.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
From despair to rampant optimism in the space of two games? We're forever Everton.

Because if you let your mind drift to the dark crevices of late, we were really preparing the fort for a season to surpass all tosh before, then suddenly we start keeping clean sheets, scoring and beating the [Poor language removed] in that order.

It was genuinely enthralling and relieving to watch an Everton team that well drilled on Sunday, hungry for the ball and making most of the play, and importantly exorcising the mental block we sometimes seem to have against that lot. We need more of that, if the God of Injuries don't smite us with an absolute tw*tting to our players, as per usual.

Obviously being a blue has taught you to ground your daydreams a little and that would be prudent as a visit to White Hart Lane is a tough proposition indeed these days, as Spurs are a bit of awright.

In a way, they're the team that Man City want to be, packed with some real talent in a quality squad that play good football and get the results. Harry Redknapp, with his flotsam face, has brought an edge to Spurs that had been missing for beards and as a result, they have the small matter of Inter Milan in the Champions League midweek before taking on our good selves. Which will leave us wanting them to suffer one of them Euro Hangover things that the media talk about, as though they'd been on bar crawl in Benidorm the night before, drinking "local brand" spirits and waking up in a pool of their own piss. I've heard.

I made the case in the previous match preview of keeping a settled team together now and aiming for some consistency, all well and good but I clearly didn't factor in injuries. During the week we will find out if we indeed have any midfield left as Arteta, Osman and Heitinga had to be took off due to injury in the last game, to join Fellaini, Pienaar, Rodwell and Anichebe on the sidelines. So that will determine whether you see Neville at right back (and did any one notice how well he did in the derby?) or in the middle. Moyes seems to favour Jagielka and Distin at centre half, which won't do anything for Heitinga's supposed titty lip. Up front, Cahill and Yakubu are showing that our best 4-5-1 include a fit and hungry them. Saha may make a welcome return to the bench for this game.

Prior to last season we had built up a couple of years of grabbing results and pissing them off at White Hart Lane, it would be nice to return to that rather than the ghost of Robbie Keane scoring a shitty second half goal becoming the norm again.

Come out of this with a point or more and were placed well enough for a little run. Get into them Everton.

I sure hope we have some players available for this match.

I'll go with a 1-1 draw but if Howard and the D throws up another clean sheet, I'd be thrilled.

I think we'll do them if we're not too depleted. They won't be taking the CL lightly after struggling for so long to get in.Inter are a tough prospect and like them or not (and I personally don't much), You have to have your running shoes on to get a result. So yes, I see a slight Euro hangover

If we have any midfield left we have a decent chance. Young Shaymush torturing Assofacat or whatever he's called and the apelike Bale and Yak smashing their centrebacks all over the shop.

Pienaar and Anichebe back for this one too? Chances.

If we have any midfield left we have a decent chance. Young Shaymush torturing Assofacat or whatever he's called and the apelike Bale and Yak smashing their centrebacks all over the shop.

Pienaar and Anichebe back for this one too? Chances.

Peanuts should be back, vic i read is trainin monday.

Johnny had a calf strain so he should be fine, dunno about teta.

If thats true, we should be fine squad wise for the game.

Massive test though

I think we can quietly collect at least a point, Spurs are a different beast to the two teams we've comfortably despatched recently, i expect them to match us - 1-1

hope king starts. think yakubu and cahill could really capitalize on their cbs. their backline is their weakest point, so we need to be aggressive. but if artetas out that'll be really hard.

hopefully we can keep a clean sheet, but dang can they score. maybe throw heitinga on vandervaart to shadow him. then we can be ok.

I think the injuries will be key.

If we can get Arteta and Pienaar back, then it's all good. If not, then it might be too much.

I'd take a battling draw right now, but if they've got a Euro hangover then maybe we can get all 3. Or maybe, with most of our team available, we might take the game to them and show our stuff -- a la Chelsea/Man U/Man City (twice)/Arsenal last season.

Ive got a good feeling about this game our players will want to make a statement here because if we beat this lot the whole league will sit up and take notice .

I never fancy us at the Lane. I've seen us beaten there a few times and then - finally - win a few seasons ago (when the Yak got crocked). Hope I'm wrong, but I'm never optimistic against that lot.

We should have enough to cope with the injuries to at least put out a pretty strong team. Could look something like this:

Howard
Neville-Distin-Jags-Baines
Coleman-Billy-Cahill-Gueye
Yak-Beckford

Hoping we would get at least one or two players back from the "doubtful" list: Arteta, Osman, Heitinga. But boy, could we do with Landon right now.

We should have enough to cope with the injuries to at least put out a pretty strong team. Could look something like this:

Howard
Yak-Beckford

Hoping we would get at least one or two players back from the "doubtful" list: Arteta, Osman, Heitinga. But boy, could we do with Landon right now.
I agree that's a pretty competitive team but can't see us playing 4-4-2 away to Spuds.

Howard
Yak-Beckford

That midfield would be murdered on saturday. If all our usual midfield are missing moyes will go with neville and cahill in the middle, with hibbert right full and probably billy supporting yak.

If we can put out a decent team i think we have a great chance. Their game away to inter midweek will affect them, and surely it cant be far away before the yak hits the net again. They have a lot of quality up top and with van der vaart suspended on wednesday he will be fresh and is sure to cause us problems.

2-1 us YAK with 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.