Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team in a mini slump need a good result and their next game is Vs ???
Do they have a forward who needs a goal?
Do they have a player who hasn't scored for 3yrs.

Rewind all that, I'm sick of it.
Sort it Carlo.
Our chance (another one admittedly) to change these ways. Lets see.

We've beaten big red more recently than we've beaten Spurs away. Happy Friday!

Really though we should be aiming for 3 points here, my word they are dreadful. A win here puts us firmly in the driving seat for Europa as well.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH SPURS P/C

Injury updates

The injury situation, we have back Sidibe for this game and out are Walcott and Delph.

Richarlison fitness update
Richarlison didn't train today but he will be able to train tomorrow and will not have any problem to play Monday.

Youngsters
Ancelotti on Anthony Gordon “Anthony is doing well, improving. I gave him a chance to play not just because he’s from the academy
It's a little bit early to give other youngsters the possibility to play.

On Mourinho
I respect him as a manager and a man. He is a god friend. It will be nice to meet him again and I wish him all the best for the future

More on Mourinho
Best memories?

I don't remember. I met him in Milan when he was at Inter. At Chelsea when we went out to Inter. It will be good to see him.
From when he was in Italy (we have been friends)

VAR
On Spurs VAR last night: "First of all it was a really complicated decision. The decision they have made comes from the rules that are in place at the moment, so maybe at the end of the season we can think about changing this rule. At this moment we must respect the rules

On Spurs
They are a really dangerous team with fantastic players, we also have to take into consideration Sheffield United are a fantastic team. It will be an exciting game, we need to do the best.

On aiming for Europe
To play in Europe is really important. It’ll be a step up for the players and the club. It’ll be difficult. A European competition takes a lot of energy but it does not change the plan for the future

On Dominic Calvert-Lewin
It's true that he hasn't scored [since return] but I think the most important part is the work he's doing. I never had strikers honestly with this kind of energy defensively. He will score again without problem.

I never ask my strikers in the past to score goals. I ask them to work well, work for the team and be humble. Dominic is doing all these things and I am happy with this. I have never known a striker with this kind of energy defensively so it doesn't matter that he hasn't scored.

Mourinho criticism
All the managers know we are judged on only the result so to accept the criticism is normal. To criticise a man like Jose is more difficult and complicated

On remaining fresh
The most important part is the work that he is doing, as well as defensively. Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin do a fantastic job defensively. I’ve never had strikers that have that much energy defensively, I appreciate it.

Lack of BAME managers
I think it is a good step in the right direction. I think it is fair and right that football has to be open for everyone.

Jonjoe Kenny decision
Of course we have looked at him, we have watched a lot of games. We have to finish the season and then after that we will take a decision

On Gbamin
He is doing well. He is having a proper recovery and when next season starts, I think he will be ready" Next season pencilled in for Sept 12/13

On new signing Nkounkou
He's a young talent, a left back with a lot of skills and quality. He's really young, he has to improve and I think the plan for him is to work with him and to give him time to be ready for the first team

Tom Davies praise
He seems, like he plays, with a lot more experience. A really humble guy, really serious. He loves this club. He is an important part of our team and will be an important part of the future

On Gomes
Until now we haven’t had problems, His physical data is very good, and it is improving. For a player that was out for a long time. We have to check him and how he recovers

Last edited:
SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH SPURS P/C

Injury updates

The injury situation, we have back Sidibe for this game and out are Walcott and Delph.

Richarlison fitness update
Richarlison didn't train today but he will be able to train tomorrow and will not have any problem to play Monday.

Youngsters
Ancelotti on Anthony Gordon “Anthony is doing well, improving. I gave him a chance to play not just because he’s from the academy
It's a little bit early to give other youngsters the possibility to play.

On Mourinho
I respect him as a manager and a man. He is a god friend. It will be nice to meet him again and I wish him all the best for the future

More on Mourinho
Best memories?

I don't remember. I met him in Milan when he was at Inter. At Chelsea when we went out to Inter. It will be good to see him.
From when he was in Italy (we have been friends)

VAR
On Spurs VAR last night: "First of all it was a really complicated decision. The decision they have made comes from the rules that are in place at the moment, so maybe at the end of the season we can think about changing this rule. At this moment we must respect the rules

On Spurs
They are a really dangerous team with fantastic players, we also have to take into consideration Sheffield United are a fantastic team. It will be an exciting game, we need to do the best.

On aiming for Europe
To play in Europe is really important. It’ll be a step up for the players and the club. It’ll be difficult. A European competition takes a lot of energy but it does not change the plan for the future

On Dominic Calvert-Lewin
It's true that he hasn't scored [since return] but I think the most important part is the work he's doing. I never had strikers honestly with this kind of energy defensively. He will score again without problem.

I never ask my strikers in the past to score goals. I ask them to work well, work for the team and be humble. Dominic is doing all these things and I am happy with this. I have never known a striker with this kind of energy defensively so it doesn't matter that he hasn't scored.

Mourinho criticism

All the managers know we are judged on only the result so to accept the criticism is normal. To criticise a man like Jose is more difficult and complicated

On remaining fresh
The most important part is the work that he is doing, as well as defensively. Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin do a fantastic job defensively. I’ve never had strikers that have that much energy defensively, I appreciate it.

Lack of BAME managers
I think it is a good step in the right direction. I think it is fair and right that football has to be open for everyone.

Jonjoe Kenny decision
Of course we have looked at him, we have watched a lot of games. We have to finish the season and then after that we will take a decision

On Gbamin
He is doing well. He is having a proper recovery and when next season starts, I think he will be ready" Next season pencilled in for Sept 12/13

On new signing Nkounkou
He's a young talent, a left back with a lot of skills and quality. He's really young, he has to improve and I think the plan for him is to work with him and to give him time to be ready for the first team

Tom Davies praise
He seems, like he plays, with a lot more experience. A really humble guy, really serious. He loves this club. He is an important part of our team and will be an important part of the future

On Gomes
Until now we haven’t had problems, His physical data is very good, and it is improving. For a player that was out for a long time. We have to check him and how he recovers
He made this point twice and he is speaking of both Dom and Richy. That speaks volumes. It’s more about working for the team for Carlo than covering yourself in glory by hanging on the goalposts contributing jack else to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.