Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes terrified of making a progressive pass

Terrified seems the right word. He's clearly not backing himself to make the yard of space needed. Confidence just isn't there today.

He needs hooking but Davies is below par also. Do we risk Baningime in he middle with Gordon out wide? Or go with Iwobi and Sigi in midfield?

Personally I'd go gung ho with Bernard, Iwobi, Sigi and Gordon as a midfield four, but I'm an idiot.

As always, will be very interesting to see what Carlo does with this.

Unless we have a completely new team we prob have no business being in Europe.

You couldn't even see this shower beating Southampton Thursday anyway, the highlight of the half was their keeper making a line for that Korean rat, says it all.

The whole midfield

It's rare where you can look at an entire midfield and be able to say with absolute certainty that they're all absolute garbage. At least on the night.

Ancelotti has to make changes here, would be mad if he didn't. Only so much a teamtalk can do, they're not going to change that much regardless after a showing like that.

Davies can't control a ball and Gomes is his usual liability. Those two off for Gordon and Bernard. Honestly don't know who to bring on for Siggy.

We need to sell these players: Pickford, Keane, Kean, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Delph and Gbamin.

The positive is these performances mean none of the underperforming players will buy themselves extra time at the club.

Ancelotti needs lots of time and patience. I'd like to see people rein in their expectations while we still have this poorly assembled hybrid of a Silva/Koeman squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.