Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@orly ain't gonna like that.

I do think Ancelotti talks some waffle about certain things in an effort to not criticise certain players.

For example there is no way he thinks Tom Davies is an important part of our future neither will he not be expecting his forwards to score goals (DCL).

He's only giving political answers there imo

I do think Ancelotti talks some waffle about certain things in an effort to not criticise certain players.

For example there is no way he thinks Tom Davies is an important part of our future neither will he not be expecting his forwards to score goals (DCL).

But he didn't say he doesn't expect the forwards to score goals ,he said he doesn't ask them to .

Sidibe is back fit, I expect him to come in at right mid as he adds in a ballwinner into the midfield. He'll probably like this system - his bizarre positioning won't expose us in the same way as it does when he plays at right back and his tackling ability will help us set up more counters for us to hurt them.

Sidibe is back fit, I expect him to come in at right mid as he adds in a ballwinner into the midfield. He'll probably like this system - his bizarre positioning won't expose us in the same way as it does when he plays at right back and his tackling ability will help us set up more counters for us to hurt them.

Don't think he'll come straight back in, reckon same 11 that started against Leicester, but if we're defending a lead I can see Sidibe coming on for Iwobi or Gordon

Looking at the fixture list, there are still a lot of matchups between teams fighting for the European places and with the heavyweights. Those include:
  • Wolves: Arsenal, Sheffield, Everton, Burnley, Chelsea
  • Sheffield: Burnley, Wolves, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton
  • Arsenal: Wolves, Leicester, Tottenham, Liverpool, Man City
  • Tottenham: Everton, Arsenal, Leicester
  • Burnley: Sheffield, Liverpool, Wolves
  • Everton: Tottenham, Wolves, Sheffield
My point being that there is still room for a lot of shakeup in the standings. Every game will be important. I haven’t even included Leicester and Chelsea, neither of whom are guaranteed a top-4 finish (but to me seem safe enough for top 7/8).

So for me, even a draw against Tottenham would be okay. Though it would be nice to beat them for once.

Looking at the fixture list, there are still a lot of matchups between teams fighting for the European places and with the heavyweights. Those include:
  • Wolves: Arsenal, Sheffield, Everton, Burnley, Chelsea
  • Sheffield: Burnley, Wolves, Chelsea, Leicester, Everton
  • Arsenal: Wolves, Leicester, Tottenham, Liverpool, Man City
  • Tottenham: Everton, Arsenal, Leicester
  • Burnley: Sheffield, Liverpool, Wolves
  • Everton: Tottenham, Wolves, Sheffield
My point being that there is still room for a lot of shakeup in the standings. Every game will be important. I haven’t even included Leicester and Chelsea, neither of whom are guaranteed a top-4 finish (but to me seem safe enough for top 7/8).

So for me, even a draw against Tottenham would be okay. Though it would be nice to beat them for once.

A draw would be okay, but we really have to win the other 2 of those 3 European contender match ups.

He doesn't sound like a man who wants or needs to give political answers.

A novel suggestion..... maybe this hugely successful manager rates the player.

He doesn't sound like a man who wants or needs to give political answers.

A novel suggestion..... maybe this hugely successful manager rates the player.

Im not having that a world class manager who has managed some of the best strikers and midfielders of all time highly rates kin Tom Davies & Bambi.

He cant exactly call them crap can he has to be respectful for the squad morale but no doubt he's thinking of getting in replacements long term asap.

Sidibe? Let’s forget him, send him back home

Im not having that a world class manager who has managed some of the best strikers and midfielders of all time highly rates kin Tom Davies & Bambi.

He cant exactly call them crap can he has to be respectful for the squad morale but no doubt he's thinking of getting in replacements long term asap.
I think that when Carlo took the role as manager he knew he wouldn’t be managing world class players and he has to manage with the players he has or the club can attract. DCL has a big future at this club and I believe Davies could do too, so I don’t believe Carlo talks nonsense. DCL is getting praised by so many football experts as well as Carlo so it’s not like he’s on his own giving him praise

Status
Not open for further replies.