Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance.
Could and should have had more goals.

Richi had a bad day. Let’s hope he’s back on form again soon.
I must have watched a different game. His willingness to accept the ball and then use his snide to get countless free kicks played right into our hands by disrupting the game and not allowing Spurs to gain any momentum.
I thought he was superb, they all were.

It's probably been mentioned that we played Spurs and WBA first up in 84-85. And lost both.
I remember that. Who would've thought what a season it turned out to be.

One of the things that pleased me today was how well Coleman played and I think it might be because he just defended and didn't need to bomb forward.

James' long passes were brilliant, but I don't think Carlo will keep him out wide.

Richo had an off day, but how good is it going to be when he's back to normal with this new midfield behind him? My M0TM was Allen.

Oh, and Pickford was great.

I remember that. Who would've thought what a season it turned out to be.

One of the things that pleased me today was how well Coleman played and I think it might be because he just defended and didn't need to bomb forward.

James' long passes were brilliant, but I don't think Carlo will keep him out wide.

Richo had an off day, but how good is it going to be when he's back to normal with this new midfield behind him? My M0TM was Allen.

Oh, and Pickford was great.

I think James is perfect out wide especially on the right.

Before the game I thought James was a 10, but the way he picks the ball up on the counter on the right, can see the whole pitch, and play a killer ball anywhere in the final third, has options everywhere and run at the defender is huge. And he's looking to switch the play, get the defenders looking the other way and then float into space in the box. He's going to score and create a lot this season like this. The defenders couldn't handle it yesterday.

What a performance that was , the new midfield have as we hoped transformed the side . We absolutely dominated that game and were very worthy winners , we deserved that in fact we deserved to be more comfortable.

Every player out there yesterday can be very proud of their performance, each and everyone of them put in a shift. You could go through the whole side and find points to give each of them credit for , I’m absolutely buzzing about it . I can be hugely negative about our team but watching that yesterday Was like suddenly remembering why you fell in love.

I voted Allan for mom but James was superb and I thought doucoure was excellent whilst richarlison could have had a couple on another day and I thought he was excellent in the second half in particular. The keeper also was top class when called on , I could go on . I will say though that midfield is only going to get better .

Another day would have been DLC or JR had he scored. Dacoure knows the league. So Allan my man of match, because he looked like it was his 250th Premier League game. The new dawn is upon us.

Now Mourhinio saying that players didn't have much of a pre season due to some of the players having Covid... lots of excuses!!!

This is after he and various Spurs players were photographed on at least three separate occassions training in a park during lock-down, kinda made your own bed there Jose

Last edited:
I must have watched a different game. His willingness to accept the ball and then use his snide to get countless free kicks played right into our hands by disrupting the game and not allowing Spurs to gain any momentum.
I thought he was superb, they all were.

Don’t get carried away mate. It’s only one game.

Allan in the main, backed up by decoure were terrific in quietly getting about the pitch and snuffing out space. He's a proper old school Everton midfield player, and he is very today with the ball too.
I thought Allans off the ball work and positioning were exceptional, like Gana but with a football brain. He's a proper shield and he looks like he could have agreat understanding with Doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.