Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Everton... we had nothing to play for, we got some good results... optimism builds, we get in contention .... crunch time and a chance to take a big step forward? This is where we usually choke. This time we have Carlo , will he be able to show the players how to win? I hope so . I’m going for a draw

These make it break game records are getting as bad as the derby record.

Going to be difficult for us, I can't see us getting anything.

Spurs are a side there for the taking in many ways but these are the games we lose.

It would be hugely significant to beat them on Monday, it's really the last chance for us to get a big scalp under Carlo this season. The confidence that would generate for the remainder of this season and into next couldn't be underestimated.

We are set-up to stifle them and play on the counter. But I'd rather we went for the win and lost rather than be camped in our own half. But we don't have the players for it.

But we have spirit and confidence. Should be a decent enough game if only the players could rid themselves of their individual and collective demons against opponents like these. What is it, 8 years home and away without beating Spurs? That's an embarrassment to a club of our standing.

I remember when a man with a wooden leg ran onto the pitch but it doesn't happen too often.

Your right it doesn't. However in a situation where having an extra goalkeeper doesn't exactly harm things I quite like it. Also people moaning about it meaning a youngster doesn't get matchday experience well last time I looked Virginia was a youngster and maybe if we are comfortable in a game and Pickford gets injured they might bring him on instead.

This is Everton... we had nothing to play for, we got some good results... optimism builds, we get in contention .... crunch time and a chance to take a big step forward? This is where we usually choke. This time we have Carlo , will he be able to show the players how to win? I hope so . I’m going for a draw

Exactly this. This is what annoys me sometimes on these forums when you comment and get the response a wins a win. Only to an extent. Id like to see an Everton team turn up when it really matters. Even if we lose as long as we turned up. Thats when you know you have half a chance of being something. Strength of character just as much sometimes as ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.