Top Ten Toffee Stinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman got us European football, he was then handed a squad with 5 number 10's after Lukaku left, that was never going to work. Even if Koeman pressed for these signings he had people like Walsh above to say no. Therefore imho Walsh should be miles ahead of Koeman in the race to get on this list.

Allardyce also did what he was paid to do to avoid relegation. The football was turgid but he met the KPIs that the club wanted him to hit. He was hired because of Walsh's recommendation and because he only did what BFS usually did he got Walsh fired. That is another thing to like about Allardyce.

If you haven't guessed yet the hidden message in my post is that Steve Walsh be elected to no.1 in the toffee top stinkers chart rundown pop pickers.
You forgot about his Christmas tree though.

Walsh is a good shout.

....Glen Keeley, one game was enough.
Not having that one Eggs, a very good centre half, proved it time after time with Blackburn, he told Howard Kendall he wasn’t match fit for that game after not playing that season through injury, Keeley‘s wife knew he wasn’t ready and told him, Howard told him he would be alright, Keeley was correct, Kendall was wrong, so put that match down to Howard.

Scott Gemmill
Wouldn't even be in the top 200 for me. He was just a fairly average player, who cost very little and did a decent job at a lean time. He's another one like Carl Tiler who just has a boring name and so everyone says was horrendous when actually they were both fine (for where we were as a club). There's 10 we've got in the squad now who'd be ahead of the likes of Gemmill for me.

Kone
Bilic
Niasse
Pistone
Dave Lawson
Claus Thomsen
Klaassen
Sandro Ramirez
Bolasie
Nyarko

These wasters were signed for comparatively big money and if you put them all together you wouldn't get a good player.

It isn't really fair to put in players like Martina, McGeady, Alcaraz, Astu etc who, although they were rubbish, came for small fees or free transfers, or were loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.