Top Goalscorer tally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wat Tyler

Player Valuation: £70m
We all know that we never replaced Lukaku, which was bordering on gross negligence. But we are where we are now, so my question is: who will get us 10 goals this season? I don't want to be a knee jerk reactionary cry arse, but who will score our goals for us? Rooney? The most likely, as Koeman insists on starting him all the time, but everyone knows he is three years past his best.

So, who else will break the ten goal barrier? Sandro, Calvert-Lewin, Niasse? I can't see it personally. We really could be in for a long, hard season of struggle. Someone cheer me up.

When you can't see where the goals will come from it's really a miserable situation. I am genuinely concerned about being stuck just above the relegation spots.

If Gylfi has pace either side of him, and height in front of him, he will get sufficient goals and assists.

Completely agree with this.

Shame we didn't sign Giroud. It'd be a different Everton altogether - front four of Giroud, Sigurdsson, Lookman and even Mirallas would have been a massive threat.

As it stands though, Gylfi is in the "chocolate teapot" category of usefulness with our setup; hard to think of a player less suited to the team we have.

...we don’t create chances so free kick and penalty takers are probably the way to go. Rooney has a head start and might already have secured the Toffee Boot.

But with only two or three free kicks in close proximity to the box per game and less than one penalty per game, we're gonna be awfully hog tied in the GF column, and that heaps extra pressure on a creaking defence to keep the GA column more than respectable.

Hate to say it, but teams that concede and can't/don't score usually end up going in one direction and one direction only... and it's not to glory.

But with only two or three free kicks in close proximity to the box per game and less than one penalty per game, we're gonna be awfully hog tied in the GF column, and that heaps extra pressure on a creaking defence to keep the GA column more than respectable.

Hate to say it, but teams that concede and can't/don't score usually end up going in one direction and one direction only... and it's not to glory.

..absolutely, Matey. When times are bad it’s sensible to at least make your team hard to beat but we look increasingly porous. Hard to see us getting 3 or 4 much needed wins this side of Christmas.

..absolutely, Matey. When times are bad it’s sensible to at least make your team hard to beat but we look increasingly porous. Hard to see us getting 3 or 4 much needed wins this side of Christmas.
Ergo, we'll be in for a relegation battle then with precious little of the necessary weapons required ?

Status
Not open for further replies.