Top 5 to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesb1970

Player Valuation: £20m
Early days obviously but in a more balanced side it would seem that we might see the best out of some players that underperformed previously. The question is though, who is still a candidate to be moved on. For me it’s Delph, Walcott, Davies, Besic and Tosun. None of them are going to improve us, effectively change a game if they come on and also not worth their salary. There are others in the squad who won’t really contribute so who are the candidates for the chop?

Early days obviously but in a more balanced side it would seem that we might see the best out of some players that underperformed previously. The question is though, who is still a candidate to be moved on. For me it’s Delph, Walcott, Davies, Besic and Tosun. None of them are going to improve us, effectively change a game if they come on and also not worth their salary. There are others in the squad who won’t really contribute so who are the candidates for the chop?

Bolasie????????

Sandro, Bolasie, Besic, Delph (injured/seems a miserable get) and Bernard (big wages)

Sigurdsson,
Walcott,
Sandro,
Bolasie,
Iwobi.
- almost 400k a week off the wage bill right there from players that offer absolutely nothing.

(followed very, very quickly by Kean, Delph, Davies, Lössl, Tosun, Kenny, Pennington, Besic, Baningame and Bernard)

There are simply too many stinkers to make a top five in all honesty. I've just named 15 players that would get nowhere near any squad in the top 10 in the league, the majority of them have to be shifted within the next two transfer windows.

The thing is, if you look at last year, we only gave a meaningful number of games to about 18 players. We do have a huge squad, but many of those didn't contribute at all last year, so I think we should get rid of those rather than getting rid of the likes of Sig, Walcott and Delph, all of whom did actually contribute.

If we end up getting rid of players like that while keeping the likes of Sandro, Besic and Bolasie, I fear our squad is going to be incredibly thin.

Great another thread like this, because previously nobody has ever mooted who we need to boot out.

Come on GOT I want some interest and fun! (Personally I've run out). :coffee:

Sandro for sure. Besic highly unlikely to make an impact, he's been here long enough. Bolassie just doesn't seem likely to get near the squad, also suspect his legs have gone at this level.

Delph hasn't done much, but there's a chance Carlo may get a tune out of him if fit. Easy to dislike, so gets flak (from myself included). Suspect he may stay.

Siggy, I suspect will stay. Carlo talks him up and he seems to do better off the bench.

Walcott. A bit like Siggy, probably best off the bench. But wouldn't be sad.

Iwobi. No idea with this lad. Offers the glimmer he can play a decent through ball, then just looks useless. Maybe the club will persevere. Again, not sure he'd be missed too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.