Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not even the squad though. Spurs have all their top players fit. Chelsea have all theirs fit. West Ham have all theirs. United have all of theirs, City have all of theirs. We have been patching an 11 up all season, we had 3 games of our first 11 at the start of the season and since then we’ve barely been able to get Allan Docuoure James Digne DCL Richarlison all on the pitch together at the same time. Gbamin and Delph haven’t even surfaced this season.

We might as well write Gbamin and Delph off. It’ll be a bonus if we ever get Gbamin on the pitch. I would’ve unregistered Delph from the squad in January.

Win = Great, 2pts ahead of Chelsea, 4 off leicester with a game in hand on both.

Draw = Decent, 1pt behind Chelsea, 6 off Leicester with a game in hand on both.

Lose = Not ideal, 4pts behind Chelsea, 7 off leicester with a game in hand on both.

One thing that people are missing...

Chelseas Last 4 games
City A
Arsenal H
Leicester H
Villa A

Leicesters last 3 games
United A
Chelsea A
Spurs H

If were a few points behind with 4 games to play then weve got a decent chance.

As it starts getting to the crunch you start looking at the squads around us for the CL scrap and feel a bit envious. Spurs and chelsea squad is ridiculous by comparison.
The plus side. Ancelotti digging out results.

Win = Great, 2pts ahead of Chelsea, 4 off leicester with a game in hand on both.

Lose = Not ideal, 4pts behind Chelsea, 7 off leicester with a game in hand on both.

Chelseas Last 4 games
City A
Arsenal H
Leicester H
Villa A

Leicesters last 3 games
United A
Chelsea A
Spurs H

Wow cracking end to the season

Given Leicester's last 3 they are still catachable however they must lose to City. City and United will now finish 1 and 2 3-6 is between Us Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester. Although you can't discount Liverpool and Villa I think they both have too much to do. A point tonight and I think Chelsea are favourites we are 2nd favourites so would get 4th and Leicester and Spurs are unlucky. If we win we are favourites and I can't pick from Spurs and Chelsea who will get 4th. We lose and I think we'll miss out on goal difference.

It’s not even the squad though. Spurs have all their top players fit. Chelsea have all theirs fit. West Ham have all theirs. United have all of theirs, City have all of theirs. We have been patching an 11 up all season, we had 3 games of our first 11 at the start of the season and since then we’ve barely been able to get Allan Docuoure James Digne DCL Richarlison all on the pitch together at the same time. Gbamin and Delph haven’t even surfaced this season.
You’ve got to expect the others to have injuries at some point. Next 3 games before the break are vital for us really.

Hoping by city we are only without doucoure and then we have a two week break.

In fairness IF we were to get top 4 this season it would be an amazing achievement and turnaround for the club but due to our inconsistency it would also be down to the usual contenders dropping points left, right and centre.
I have been saying all along that top 4 is too soon, not got the squad depth for it and enough quality etc but the Chelsea game is huge in terms of making top 4, being a six pointer and a psychological boost.
I’ll admit a win tomorrow will even get me believing we can do it!!!
That said (like most) I’d be happy to not lose.....
I think Carlo ,Moshiri, and Usmanov would seriously address this issue come the summer if we got top 4
Forget 3-4 signings ,think double that if we get top 4
Not all starters but depth on the bench

Chelseas Last 4 games
City A
Arsenal H
Leicester H
Villa A

Leicesters last 3 games
United A
Chelsea A
Spurs H

Tell you what if we are in touching distance they all could potentially take points from each other.

I mean, not that i'm being overly negative here, but I feel Man Utd and Leicester winning over the weekend could be a real blow for our hopes.

My thoughts on it, were we would fall short anyway, but Leicester needed to drop points to rock their season.

I feel Chelsea are looking really strong at the moment, and still think they'll finish above United, the way they're currently playing. Simply put, we MUST take something from todays game to keep our chances up (and also move further away from Villa, Liverpool, Spurs and possibly West Ham), I still think a loss will leave us with too much ground.

Reactions: FTY

Status
Not open for further replies.