Votes: 199 61.8%
  • Off

Votes: 59 18.3%
  • Cheese On Toast

Votes: 64 19.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
66 points got 3rd last season. We have won 7 from 8, with him in Goal for 7 of them.

We are bang in the hunt. Theres an argument to say we could be even higher with a better keeper, but with Pickford we will challenge (with little thanks to him).
I wonder what the Alternative Premier League Table says
I reckon they think that they only need 83-87 points to win the league this year

You're right, but that's despite him. We have been incredibly lucky to ride his errors so far, that luck is unsustainable & will cost us sooner rather than later. It's similar to the story XG shows, you can ride your luck with it for 10 games or so, but it catches up.

Secondly, draw a line through 66 points, that was a freak in terms of 3rd and wont happen again. 72 is conservative for top 4, it's definitely doable, but I dont think it is with pickford sadly.
Well Liverscum will not be in the top 4 this season so that opens up a spot

I am terrified of ijuries and suspensions. After an amazing tran window, we have already had to rely on a debut,in the derby and out of position (Godfrey), now have Richie out for three games, 2 more injuries ANYWHERE in and we are a lot weaker. I really wish we had just pushed on for that RB and the one more attacking player that was mooted, just tpo cement our place really

Spurs squad looks much better than ours but they have issues right now. I think the likes of them, United and Chelsea will hit good form at some point so we need to try and get as many points whilst they´re stuttering.
I think the fact that Mourinho had a 3 goal lead and then Spurs threw it away (Mourinho's words not mine ) will have cast doubts on their in their own minds
They are fragile and if Jose has not got it sorted by now it will be hard to sort.

There is a lot of fluidity this season, and abnormal conditions prevailing.
But really the biggest cliché is one game at a time, the next game, and we should approach it thus.

I think it will take a bit longer for the table to settle down this year, maybe 12 games in or so before we set a pattern that is more likely to stay in place more or less.

Martinez was right when he said you could only set a target with 8 games to go and I still think that applies to us.

The obvious threats from within are Pickford, and a lack of a backup striker.

We "could" make top four, I think it unlikely but far from impossible either.

The biggest thing in football is momentum, and every game is critical in that respect.

Even look at next Sunday, win that, with Richy out, and you start to think, "Yes, something, has changed here".
Worked out well for him in his last season at Wigan
The man was a buffoon

If we can keep the players fit I believe we will do it. Don't expect Utd or Wolves to be in there, Spurs, Leicester and Arsenal are in the mix but we must take points off them going forward. Chelsea have started really poorly, look to have a few issues there. Not concerned about Villa, they'll die off.

Agreed. The one irreplaceable for me is James though. Even against Liverpool he crafted both goals. His through ball to DCL was from nothing and we got the corner from it which he assisted Keane’s goal. Then he put Digne through with the perfect ball to cross in for DCL. He also put it on a plate for Richarlison at the back post. We could never replace him. If he stays fit though he can rescue wins and draws from any situation, that’s how good he is, even against a team like Liverpool he almost beat them singlehandedly.
he certainly is something we have not seen since the 60s
He is capable of beating teams on his own

I wonder what the Alternative Premier League Table says
I reckon they think that they only need 83-87 points to win the league this year

Much better City and RS (now VVD is crocked) have gotten around the 100 points mark. Both have already dropped points to teams you wouldn't expect them to. I reckon it could be low 80s this year. If we can have our 72 season + a few more wins we could be in touching distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.