Too many others cast offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimate

Player Valuation: £225k
Why do we have so many cast offs from other teams?
Delph was described as the most Everton-like signing ever.
I'm all for gambling on trying to resurrect a player (Digne has worked, Gomes/Mina maybe) but we do it too often.
Richarlison, Pickford, Keen, Keane are players on an upward curve, ok, Keane not the best, but right idea.

The cast offs:
Scheiderlin - Man U
Siguddson - Spurs
Gomes - Barcelona
Digne - Barcelona
Mina - Barcelona
Walcott - Arsenal
Iwobi - Arsenal
Delph - Man City
8 played yesterday.

Davis, DCL, Keen are the young lads.
Bernard, not a cast off but still a resurrection.

Gana was bought from Villa, that's the type of signing we need.
Why buy so many casts offs when we should gamble on one or two upcoming players: Brooks, Ward-Prowse, Maddison, Wilson, King, Mooey, Ake, Grealish, Mings.

I'm all for gambling on trying to resurrect a player (Digne has worked, Gomes/Mina maybe) but we do it too often.
Richarlison, Pickford, Keen, Keane are players on an upward curve, ok, Keane not the best, but right idea.

The cast offs:
Scheiderlin - Man U
Siguddson - Spurs
Gomes - Barcelona
Digne - Barcelona
Mina - Barcelona
Walcott - Arsenal
Iwobi - Arsenal
Delph - Man City
8 played yesterday.

Why buy so many casts offs when we should gamble on one or two upcoming players: Brooks, Ward-Prowse, Maddison, Wilson, King, Mooey, Ake, Grealish, Mings.

Was Christiano Ronaldo a Man united cast off at Madrid???

The cast offs:
Scheiderlin - Man U
Siguddson - Spurs
Gomes - Barcelona
Digne - Barcelona
Mina - Barcelona
Walcott - Arsenal
Iwobi - Arsenal
Delph - Man City
8 played yesterday.

What have they done notably? Mooey lol.

Up and coming, 29 year old wonderkid, Aaron Mooy?

But yeah, we are bad at transfers like.

I agree there is a case to resurrect careers, Salah, De Brunye, Lukaku (all Chelsea).

But it seems to be our go to for transfers.

Why is is our first choice?

The cast offs:
Scheiderlin - Man U
Siguddson - Spurs
Gomes - Barcelona
Digne - Barcelona
Mina - Barcelona
Walcott - Arsenal
Iwobi - Arsenal
Delph - Man City
8 played yesterday.

Well I get your point to a degree like Walcott and Morgan were deemed not good enough for 2 teams we want to catch so signing them was daft but players luke digne and Gomes were deemed not good enough for one of the very best clubs in the world so I have no qualms about signing them 2 and it turns out they are probably our 2 best players

You can see the point the lad is making. We´ve bought a lot of players that were not good enough for the club they were at.

Sub standard coaching is to blame too though.
Leicester winning the PL was a freak season but if you look at that squad they had some real cast offs compared to us.

Every part of our system, formation, substitutions and they way we play is so easy to work out. It’s like football by numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.