• Neither

Votes: 68 33.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
fit Besic >>>>> Messi >>>>>> McCarthy

McCarthy out. its still better having someone better
than Messi who can play 'sometimes' if not often.

If we suspect the boys will be playing in Europe next year, then we should keep both through this window for the depth alone. Maybe sell come end of the summer window or next January depending on future signings.

I feel that Besic is a great fit for Koeman's system. He brings a much needed tenacity to the game. I say best case scenario is we get a good 15 - 20 solid matches out of him next season and then sell as Davies matures into the role of a 1st team regular.

McCarthy is such a solid squad player. He will never wow us with his brilliance and more importantly is not of the quality the fan base hopes the club is in pursuit of. With that said, his effort and versatility alone should guarantee him a spot on the squad until we receive a sizeable offer for him, or until he requests a move for more matches.

Overall, sell neither for now, and have patience and faith in Koeman's plan. (Unless he sells Ross; then we riot ;))

Would still like to see Mo given a chance. He really needs to get fully fit and stay like that for a while - he's been unlucky with injuries and I reckon he'd actually be a player than Koeman takes to.

Schneiderlin- Will need time to get up to speed again. Hopefully will boss it.

Gana - the business. ACON exposed unfortunately on a repeated basis for a side that is genuinely competitive. Best midfielder at the club.

Barry- needs to be used sparingly. on his day, he is like the nearer 60 than 50 years old Argie bloke that won the gold in the sailing in the Olympics. fab last Sunday. Can look very ordinary when poor opposition crowds out midfield.

Davies- probably not as good for now as he played last Sunday, especially on a week by week basis at 18. He will need to be rested at times. Looks really special.

McCarthy- A genuine enigma is James. He was immense in Martinez first season. I honestly think that is his level. Following season, when he was out of the team, we were relegation fodder. with him in the team, we were a different proposition. Went to hell like the rest last year. I think this year has been a big jolt to his system. he has had a manager to convince for the first time in a decade. The Irish flogged him to death when he was not fit. his last three performances have been absolutely top notch. We will need a big functioning squad for Europe next season. He should be a big part of it.

Besic - superbly talented. injury prone. However, his injury this year is not related to any other injury he has had and was just pure bad luck. Would be brainless to let him go until he gets fit and has a run.

Walsh - Have a funny feeling that this boy has something special about him. Loans needed urgently.

Gibson - great player on his day. his day was four years ago. sad. bye bye

Good teams have big competitive squads.

we have the type of problem that champions league managers have for once.

enjoy it.

It's probably a good thing that Besic, Gibson and McCarthy are injured most of the time, cause if they were healthy, there WOULD be a log jam in midfield. They all have qualities, some more than others. I would really like for all to stay, but the fact we have so many midfielders means limited playing time for most, and any pro worth his salt would not accept that, and move to a club where he might feature more.

Would still like to see Mo given a chance. He really needs to get fully fit and stay like that for a while - he's been unlucky with injuries and I reckon he'd actually be a player than Koeman takes to.

Yes I think he is a Koeman player but with his injuries I can see him being given another chance and one chance only. If he gets injured again I think we will let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.