Tommy Gravesen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JobForTheMoyes

Player Valuation: £35m
One of my all-time favourite players, but he seemed to leave far too early. He was ruined in Madrid, who tried to turn an all-action midfielder into a defensive destroyer.

How do you guys think he would have fared had he stayed, and could he have helped lift us to greater heights? His attitude was always fantastic, though he was a bit of a nutter!

How would peak Gravesen fare in today's team?

Also, what are your favourite Mad Dog memories?

Liked him but Lee Carsley was by far the more important player for us at the time, he just quietly got on with his stuff, largely un noticed but he was very noticeable when he wasn't there.
There was something mildly arousing about seeing their baldy heads together from a distance lol

Fantastic influence on the team and the crowd.
He was one of that very rare breed of players who could drive a team forward and take the game to the opposition. None of this nine square passes at the back before hoofing it forward under pressure that we see (used to see!) in the PL at the moment.
Loved him.

Absolute liability.

In the Walter Smith days, would regularly get hauled off before half time for being a lunatic. Remember a game at Sunderland away where he two footed someone after about 30 seconds, and was booked 10 mins later.

nowadays he’d be gone.

Evertonians love passion, it’s why they loved Gravesen. But more often than not let us down, ran his contract now, and went to Madrid.

But.... that6 month periodin the 4th campaign, was one of the most consistent and excellent lodfieldinf displays I’ve seen from an Everton player in my era.

Absolute liability.

In the Walter Smith days, would regularly get hauled off before half time for being a lunatic. Remember a game at Sunderland away where he two footed someone after about 30 seconds, and was booked 10 mins later.

nowadays he’d be gone.

Evertonians love passion, it’s why they loved Gravesen. But more often than not let us down, ran his contract now, and went to Madrid.

But.... that6 month periodin the 4th campaign, was one of the most consistent and excellent lodfieldinf displays I’ve seen from an Everton player in my era.
Dunno if he ran his contract down - supposedly he didn’t want to leave!

Status
Not open for further replies.