2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all that but I’d say with regard to the bottom bit - I’m very confident I know more about Tom Davies’ limitations than Dyche having watched him a lot more. Although I don’t think Dyche has any trust in him either, he’s just fresh legs in a thin squad.
I would like to think my opinion on him is accurate too.

It's just he gets minutes under everyone. I was hoping with Garner being now involved he'd be the go-to option but nothing yet.

I just think they will. Local settled lad, HG player, low wages, we need a squad so think he'll be seen as an easy option to keep. Think people don't realise just how thin the squad will go come June.

I don’t think he’s a viable option to even be a squad player tbh. At some point squad players have to play games of football. I’d be giving Lewis Warrington his spot on the bench.

I don’t think he’s a viable option to even be a squad player tbh. At some point squad players have to play games of football. I’d be giving Lewis Warrington his spot on the bench.

In the Summer though our midfield options will be:

Gana
Onana (might get sold)
Garner
Iwobi (if Dyche ever moves him back there)
Price
Warrington

I can see both Doucoure and Davies being extended sadly.

I keep seeing Doucoure being compared with Davies on here. That seems a little unfair to me (on Doucoure). Whilst he has his limitations, Doucoure, in my opinion, is worth five Tom Davies'.

Both terrible and shouldn’t be playing PL football if we are serious about moving up the table.

I think his future hinges on Ancelotti's, if Carlo is still Madrid manager for next season I'm sure he'll be calling on Davies as a Galactico in the rebuild, crazy not to when he's available on a free. Think his game would suit the more leisurely, intricate style of La Liga for sure.

In the Summer though our midfield options will be:

Gana
Onana (might get sold)
Garner
Iwobi (if Dyche ever moves him back there)
Price
Warrington

I can see both Doucoure and Davies being extended sadly.

I wouldn't move Iwobi back into the centre. We got enamored with him for a few decent performances but his overall performance there was no good. It's little shock to me that we've started to do better in that area of the pitch now he's not playing there.

If Tom hadn't have come through the academy as a local lad then I suspect he would have been released a long time ago. You could say he is a sympton of our poor player recruitment policy since 2016. I've watched him for years now and he is at best an average Championship player. He seems to be very comfortable sitting on the bench and picking up a bumper wage. If we are to move forward on the pitch then we can do without that sort of mentality in the squad. I'd also lump Holgate with him as well.

I wish him all the best for the future but he is of no real value to the team and it would be better for him if he moves on.

Yup, I've been waiting for seasons for Davies, Holgate to shine. Both have shown glimpses and I thought for a while of the two Holgate might cut it.

Would release both. And If DCL's still hobbling around end of season he goes too. The end of our home-grown golden generation :)

I wouldn't move Iwobi back into the centre. We got enamored with him for a few decent performances but his overall performance there was no good. It's little shock to me that we've started to do better in that area of the pitch now he's not playing there.
Thankfully with the return of Dominque Carlton Lavine we'll have two wide players available to play in wide positions again, and not having to use Gray as a striker, for example, which can then move Iwobi into the centre of midfield if he wants to play him there.

PS Tom Davies is a terrible footballer and yes I am insanely jealous that somebody of such limited quality has been able to make a lifetime's worth of money in just a few years.

Remarkable the amount of comment on a squad player and the amount of blame that seems to attach to him even though the previous manager hardly played him at all whereas the current manager has used him regularly.

The manager uses the players at his disposal and in the summer we will find out who he wants to move on and those he wants to keep.
I have no idea which category TD fits into.

However I know if GOT were picking the team Doucore, Coleman , Keane and McNeill would be nowhere near it, even though they are helping to get us improved results.

Status
Not open for further replies.