2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
People don't half go overboard. He's had a handful of pretty good games now and some people can't wait to jump in with the 'I always said he was class you lot have no idea' shouts. He's got ability, I've said for a long time that he's not out of his depth in the league or anything, but he was poor for a good 12-18 months if we're honest, and his recent performances are more in the solid 7 or 8 out of 10 category than reminiscent of Alan Ball. Let's just see how he does for the rest of the season before we start proclaiming him as the saviour.

Same with Holgate, he's a better partner for Mina than Keane is, but 3/4 decent games doesn't make him 'like Stones but 1000000 times better' as I've seen quite a lot of people suggest.

You've gotta let the agenda go man, TD is the wave

He's had one good game against Southampton away and there's been the predictable mad rush to forget the other 90-odd poor games he's had for us.

It's the collective amnesia that allowed significant proportions of the site to accept Sammy Lee in the weeks after he was appointed with Allardyce.

Our fanbase has a remarkable propensity for forgetting stuff.

He's had one good game against Southampton away and there's been the predictable mad rush to forget the other 90-odd poor games he's had for us.

It's the collective amnesia that allowed significant proportions of the site to accept Sammy Lee in the weeks after he was appointed with Allardyce.

Repent brother. Join us in the sun.

Repent brother. Join us in the sun.

It'll be quicker for Davies to be back in the bin again in about three games time.

I was here for the first 100 pages of the Snivelley thread when some incredible stuff was posted, so I've seen it all before. At the top of the arc, @catcherintherye will write an article extolling St Thomas and it'll be all downhill from there.

It'll be quicker for Davies to be back in the bin again in about three games time.

I was here for the first 100 pages of the Snivelley thread when some incredible stuff was posted, so I've seen it all before. At the top of the arc, @catcherintherye will write an article extolling St Thomas and it'll be all downhill from there.

I await the article with bated breath.

Not very wavy

Why do u h8 bro

Davies is a fine young player who will develop into a top midfielder.
He will make his way into the international set up before very long and is a future captain at our club.

Consistency of performances over a period of time is the next challenge for him.

Yawn

Davies is a fine young player who will develop into a top midfielder.
He will make his way into the international set up before very long and is a future captain at our club.

Consistency of performances over a period of time is the next challenge for him.
Non-loaded question, just genuinely wondering, what makes you say that?

Whenever I look at Davies he just looks decent to me, I've never (even when he first came through) really thought he looked like an outstanding talent, I always think he's just neat and tidy and capable. I think he can have a good career and wouldn't be surprised if he got capped and captained us, but I've not really seen anything to suggest he's going to be a top player to be honest. He reminds me of a Noble, Cork, Ward-Prowse, Will Hughes type.

Status
Not open for further replies.