2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly does try things he shouldn't like trying to dribble past a player only to lose possession but other young players are forgiven for making mistakes but apparently not Tom Davies.

He certainly is the scapegoat for everything on here but thankfully nobody pays any attention to GOT .
The manager seems to like and trust him and in my opinion that says a lot.

Mate dont often single comments out but he has been absolutely woeful past few weeks to the point that every single commentary team has stated it whilst watching the game numerous times.
So its deffo not just certain people in here its anyone with a set of eyes never ever be good enough at this level.

Mate dont often single comments out but he has been absolutely woeful past few weeks to the point that every single commentary team has stated it whilst watching the game numerous times.
So its deffo not just certain people in here its anyone with a set of eyes never ever be good enough at this level.
I listened to the commentary on the game last evening and they were far more critical of Andre Gomes at half time by some considerable distance than they were of Tom Davies. The expression used was that Tom Davies had to do the running for Gomes. Maybe there was a different commentator on the Englisg feed. It was Damian Delaney that I saw.

I would also say that in recent games both Gomes and Sigurdsson have been left out by CA but not Davies.

I am not trying to make him out to be a superstar but the criticism he gets here is just daft ...imo.

I listened to the commentary on the game last evening and they were far more critical of Andre Gomes at half time by some considerable distance than they were of Tom Davies. The expression used was that Tom Davies had to do the running for Gomes. Maybe there was a different commentator on the Englisg feed. It was Damian Delaney that I saw.

I would also say that in recent games both Gomes and Sigurdsson have been left out by CA but not Davies.

I am not trying to make him out to be a superstar but the criticism he gets here is just daft ...imo.
I don't normally slate players ,in fact I do the opposite (look at the Gylfi thread) but I struggle to see how TD will improve ,fair enough what I think means nothing if Carlo likes him but he has no pace ,as said above his dribbles normally end up with us losing possession -sometimes in very bad places -then his passing ! He has been so bad with just simple passes .I fear that his Everton career will be over ,I would love to eat my words if he comes good .

Yes watching completely different games then mate most of the Amazon Prime games all criticised him and he was hauled off in a couple remember.
You know Andre Gomes was MOM for a lot of people and Pundits in the media right?

Also mate i can hand on heart say apart from the Man City game all those seasons ago i have never seen him even get remotely close to that level again.
Where as Gomes Sigurdsson can show the form or capability for it especially Gomes last night looking a little like himself again after a horrible injury and dare i say it Sigurdsson much more active and enjoying his more natural position behind the forward.
I am by no means saying they get away with some of the performances as they lately have been just as bad but i know they can do more he flat out hasn't got the ability and would love for him to prove me wrong as he seems a nice lad and hes a local.

I don't normally slate players ,in fact I do the opposite (look at the Gylfi thread) but I struggle to see how TD will improve ,fair enough what I think means nothing if Carlo likes him but he has no pace ,as said above his dribbles normally end up with us losing possession -sometimes in very bad places -then his passing ! He has been so bad with just simple passes .I fear that his Everton career will be over ,I would love to eat my words if he comes good .
I have absolutely no problem with people having different opinions to mine. What you say about him is true and I mentioned that as well.

I have no problem with reasonable criticism like yours and I would guess that every mistake he made was forcibly pointed out to him today.

Yes watching completely different games then mate most of the Amazon Prime games all criticised him and he was hauled off in a couple remember.
You know Andre Gomes was MOM for a lot of people and Pundits in the media right?
Gomes had a very good second half but was awful in the first half, he wasn't alone there.
I think Gomes is a bit like Michael Keane.. very much a confidence player. When he is going well he is very good, but when his confidence is low, he is quite poor.
I would suggest watching the first half again and judge that . In the second half he played more forward passes than he has in total since the restart.

Gomes had a very good second half but was awful in the first half, he wasn't alone there.
I think Gomes is a bit like Michael Keane.. very much a confidence player. When he is going well he is very good, but when his confidence is low, he is quite poor.
I would suggest watching the first half again and judge that . In the second half he played more forward passes than he has in total since the restart.

I Agree he was much better in the second half but was most peoples and pundits MOM with Jarrod.
And he was by know means awful in the first half what about the ball to DCL alone he got better as the first half went on but he wasnt awful at all imo.
But i do agree he is very much the confidence player and his performance dictates that unfortunately we cant say the same about Davies.

A pity about Tommy D, I’ve always thought he had a chance here. His attitude has impressed me, even when he has had a mare, he never goes hiding, and, he has an obvious passion for the blues.

Problem is, time is marching on for him, he has played about 100 games now and doesn’t look as good as he did in his breakthrough season.

I think it would be for the best if he moves on, he has stagnated here, for whatever reason and I think both he and Everton would benefit if he leaves.

and there are no other young players playin centre-mid, giving the ball away constantly.
Not like Davies does. He's a year older than Declan Rice from West Ham and Rice is head and shoulders above him already. It's no surprise that no other club has ever shown an interest in Davies, even after his first season with us. Perhaps the bigger clubs knew he was a flash in the pan and isn't built to be a good footballer.

He offers absolutely nothing to our team.

Unable to tackle, dreadful decision making, poor distribution, a complete lack of awareness and anticipation, and no scoring ability.

I have been watching Everton since 1963, and Tom is sadly one of the most abject players to wear a royal blue shirt

Andre Gomes is the darling though mate so he gets praise for nothing.
Kean is called slow and lethargic where as Gomes who does nothing and is to slow is lauded.
Last night the commentary I had on was flabbergasted at the end of the first half with no one being able to carry the ball forward and the fact it kept going sideways and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.