2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's not even the worst footballer, he just seems like barkley a bit thick, his decision making is awful

he knows he's not very strong, he must know this but he just constantly runs straight into people and gets barged off the ball, I've never seen someone get the ball taken on him as much as davies, he needs to get in the gym or change his game because the way he's heading isn't a good direction

His passing is awful, and his tackling is just a yellow card waiting to happen. He just does things too much in a rush. When Benni had a few games last year he looked a completely different level to Davies. His composure on the ball was different class. I hope he gets a decent run this year, and Davies is on the bench.

His passing is awful, and his tackling is just a yellow card waiting to happen. He just does things too much in a rush. When Benni had a few games last year he looked a completely different level to Davies. His composure on the ball was different class. I hope he gets a decent run this year, and Davies is on the bench.

This will go round in circles, and people still dont see the connection.

Davies also looked as class as Benni at first....its his 2nd season that things got tougher. Like it will with Benni, and every other you kid. Thats what happens, its not down to individuals being “thick” or not good enough. Thats just nature of young lads playing in a mans game, in THE most difficult position on the pitch.

We have too many players in our squad who provoke this sort of debate. That is why we have been crap for such a long time. Marco's first task is to get some of them out and hope the ones he keeps eventually make the grade. If we keep too many of them we will struggle again.

I think he needs loaning out, I still don't know what his position is and what he does, I love the man but it's getting harder to defend him. Also he takes way too long on the ball and then it's gone.

The most overhyped kid we've had since Danny Cadamarteri he's literally done nothing since his City performance better than Barkley??

I know Ross is a snake but come on get real I'd be amazed if he turns out better than Osman the kid just runs around it's all wasted energy
Jose Baxter, JP Kissock, Vellios?

What do people think his best style or position would be? He's been tried at no.10 ish and also DCM...wing back once!

Does anyone know what he played regularly at youth & u23 level?

He doesn’t make good decisions with the ball. He sits on it too long at times, other times he gives it away too quickly. My guess is that he’s not that way against lower competition - i.e., he wasn’t that way with the U23s, so maybe there is some hope? He’s really young and does have some great ideas in the final third. Kid works his tail off and while a bit reckless, he’s aggressive and tough, which we could use a bit more of.

If he does go out on loan, I think it should be abroad. He doesn't really lack for anything in terms of physicality, but his ball-retention needs serious work.

Status
Not open for further replies.