2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies is sadly becoming more noticed for his appearance off the pitch, rather then his appearances on it. He really needs to kick on this season.

thomas davies and hector bellerin, the power couple of my dreams

Only focused players do
He's just a bit quirky.

Posting pictures on holiday doesn't mean he isn't gong to make it as a footballer. I'm sure I read somewhere he doesn't drink alcohol, so he's not out there getting snotted like must lads his age.

He's still only 20 ffs. The kid gets enough stick when he plays. People need to cut him some slack and if you're going to insist on judging him now do so on his football.

He's just a bit quirky.

Posting pictures on holiday doesn't mean he isn't gong to make it as a footballer. I'm sure I read somewhere he doesn't drink alcohol, so he's not out there getting snotted like must lads his age.

He's still only 20 ffs. The kid gets enough stick when he plays. People need to cut him some slack and if you're going to insist on judging him now do so on his football.
I really want the lad to succeed I really do, as I want all our players if I’m honest. But he hasn’t kicked in from that Koeman’s final full season with us. Yes there has been a number of different managers and tactics during that time that might have hindered his development, but this season is massive for him if he wishes to kick and carve out a career with us as an established premier league player.

Its an odd one with Tom isnt it? Like he seems a really nice, pretty grounded lad, doing stuff lads his age do. And when he first broke through he looked the part, his run and goal against City being the obvious reference point.

Then there were the stories of him being asked to train/fill in for someone, in the full England team in training. So far, so good.

But to use the race horse term, he hasnt really trained on has he? I cant recall every single young player on the planet, but I would guess that other than a tiny elite, most do not have a straight line progression graph. Doesnt mean he has failed, yet, but the next 18 months will deffo be make or break at Everton. Being very generous, time frame based.

Status
Not open for further replies.