2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
And hasn't even got close to it ever since.
Think the Allardyce influence will take some time to wear off.And if Silva is the coach he's meant to be keeping him in the squad would be a better alternative.Don't know the details of his new contract,but can't see him being too much of a drain on resources.

A loan would be the perfect move as I don’t see him getting near the first team atm. (Preferably a PL side) Can’t see us selling him after only just signing a new contract.
I’m still not sure what type of midfielder he is? He can do a bit of everything but doesn’t have any stand out attributes
Which, at this stage in his career, makes him an ideal person to have on the bench.

I don't have a great problem with him not having too many starts next season as he's probably already played too much top level football for his age. For me, the emphasis must be on improving him and ironing out his weaknesses.

A loan would be the perfect move as I don’t see him getting near the first team atm. (Preferably a PL side) Can’t see us selling him after only just signing a new contract.
I’m still not sure what type of midfielder he is? He can do a bit of everything but doesn’t have any stand out attributes

John Ebrell without the sensible haircut

Depending on signings, if possible I’d loan him to a club in Europe somewhere like JJK has, to allow him to improve his technical side and mature as an individual away from USMFF which is all he’s known.

He needs a good run in first team football to see whether he can perform consistently . I don’t think he is going to get that here unless we have an injury crisis. So a loan deal for a season makes sense,but only at a premier league club or abroad at a similar level.

This is what we employ coaches for. If Ashley Young and Victor Moses can become top 4 wing backs then someone should be able to coach Davies into a certain type of midfielder.
Allardyce didn’t help him at all, basically told him to just run after the ball.
He’s got enough about him to be coached into a role.

Both the players mentioned have pace . Davies although he has a lot of energy , runs like he’s towing a caravan

I have to say the pockets of hostility towards Davies which exist on here both amuse and occasionally bemuse me.
His weaknesses are exaggerated and his strengths are ignored.
He is still a very young player and yet he is already a comparatively seasoned member of the 1st team.
Moreover our current manager thought enough of him to entrust him with the captaincy last season which suggests to me he will continue his development with us this coming season, and rightly so in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.