Todays ref

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's how the FA and these gash refs use it. Other major leagues use it with no problem
There isn't the same order of magnitude of cash sloshing around other leagues. The motivation and capability of ensuring corruption exists at an institutional level is stronger in this league. That's why VAR is looking dodgy here.

Get rid of the cash (everyone ditches Sky and BT) - we get our sport back.

VAR was brought in so they could rectify wrong decisions by incompetent refs, so what do they do? Put incompetent refs in the VAR chair. Football was much better when these useless bellends would make an instant decision on the pitch and that was the final decision.

And why are these refs not questioned about their decisions??

I think you’re mostly right. They’re overturning decisions that NO ONE at the ground or on TV can understand.

Its 6.30 the next day and I still can’t even , I’m furious. Between Referees and VAR we’ve been absolutely screwed this season and I’m seething about it , I genuinely Beyond normal ranting it’s a disgrace . How many points has it cost us now ? It’s time after time after time , just relentless.

When they went to VAR I thought it was just a matter of if it touched Siggurdson or not for it to be deemed onside/offside

I knew as soon as they went to VAR, they were going to find some BS excuse to overturn it. Isn’t that sad that that’s the first thing to pop into my head? State of the game is f’ed.

The actual number of VAR overturns given in favour of clubs suggests this isn't true. Brighton & Hove Albion have been the side to have benefited most from VAR decisions this season (*before this weekends matches*). Palace, Leicester and Burnley are up there as well.

And while you say it would have stood the other way there's no doubt we'd all be claiming it was clearly offside and interfering with play. If there is this great conspiracy then why was the own-goal in the reverse fixture allowed to stand when DCL was all over De Gea and it would have been very easy to disallow it?

Are there any stats anywhere to show how VAR for and against has affected PL clubs

Its 6.30 the next day and I still can’t even , I’m furious. Between Referees and VAR we’ve been absolutely screwed this season and I’m seething about it , I genuinely Beyond normal ranting it’s a disgrace . How many points has it cost us now ? It’s time after time after time , just relentless.

Decisions against us for starters

Goal against West Ham at home disallowed - no reason given. Luckily didn't cost us.
Brighton away - pen against us shocking
Spurs home - Ali handball not given. Unreal
Arsenal home - Torriera handball not given
Brighton home - stonewall pen against Walcott not given
Utd home - goal disallowed

Extra 5/6 points would make all the difference

Decisions that went for us

Chilwell away to Leicester diving to win a pen was overturned

When they went to VAR I thought it was just a matter of if it touched Siggurdson or not for it to be deemed onside/offside
Thing is, if he did touch it, that would mean he wasn’t offside, because the defender played the ball.

I always find it very convenient that so many top-flight referees "support" lower league teams as to not prevent them from taking charge of some games. Pretty sure I read Mike Dean has sons who have season tickets at anfield. He might be a Tranmere fan but surely he still has a possible bias. Can't find anything about who Kavanagh claims he supports but read a few people saying he's said before his family are Utd fans, which wouldn't be a surprise.

They are definitely weak and that means they favour the big sides all the time.

But I just cant believe they deliberately, premeditate to go out and give biased decisions. I definitely dont think they are cheats.

They just arent strong enough under pressure. And that all stems from the fact they are not good enough referees.
Can you recall Moss, the referee, giving us the benefit of the doubt, whether he was on the field or in a studio 200 miles away?

Status
Not open for further replies.