Tips for weekend with my teenager son (Watford game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielsen

Player Valuation: £1m
We will come over from Norway Thursday night. Booked the stadium tour for the Friday, then the game got changed and they told me the tour would be Sunday. Then I got a message saying the Sunday tour was cancelled due to a ladies game.

So now I'm wondering - what should we do Sat and Sun before we go home?

He is 14, really into Everton and football. Beatles is a bit "old".

Do this exellent forum have any ideas for us?

I guess Finch Farm etc is impossible?

Cheers

No - he doesn't drink :)

have you asked them about having the tour on the Saturday, they normally have tours the day after the game.

Why not visit the site of our new athletics track by the dock?

I don't know if they do walking tours of Liverpool, but it is the best way to see the city. Whenever I take someone around we walk. Liverpool has more Grade 1 listed buildings than any other city outside London. I would recommend Liverpool World Museum, go and see the International library at The Central Library and go up on the roof you get a great view, and the Walker Art gallery, they are all next to each other. The Albert Dock, Maritime museum and Museum of Liverpool life are all together and worth a look. All of these are free. Albert Dock is good for lunch.
Go to the Catholic cathedral, you get an amazing sense of calm inside it and the stained glass is beautiful. Then walk back down Hope Street past the Everyman Theatre, lots of nice buildings in that area.

That's just a few suggestions, but there's lots more if you're not of a cultural disposition.

I don't know if they do walking tours of Liverpool, but it is the best way to see the city. Whenever I take someone around we walk. Liverpool has more Grade 1 listed buildings than any other city outside London. I would recommend Liverpool World Museum, go and see the International library at The Central Library and go up on the roof you get a great view, and the Walker Art gallery, they are all next to each other. The Albert Dock, Maritime museum and Museum of Liverpool life are all together and worth a look. All of these are free. Albert Dock is good for lunch.
Go to the Catholic cathedral, you get an amazing sense of calm inside it and the stained glass is beautiful. Then walk back down Hope Street past the Everyman Theatre, lots of nice buildings in that area.

That's just a few suggestions, but there's lots more if you're not of a cultural disposition.
Not wanting to turn this into a sectarian thing but the Anglican is much better than Paddy's wigwam (and I'm neither a protestant or a catholic btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.