Time to let Rodwell go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta10

Player Valuation: £10m
So theres set to be a bidding war in the summer
i personally dont think its a done deal with United just yet as some of the papers were saying, but i seriously think we'd have to look at the money on the table
with no funds expected does anyone really want another summer of free signings ala Beckford who lets be honest hasnt really done it yet?
Also, we have the real deal in the future centre midfield role anyway
its good to see that we've opened up contract talks with Felli to avoid another Pienaar situation and i think as long as we keep hold of him we can afford to sell Rodwell
25 million is the price being quoted and personally for what hes contributed this season Id be delighted with it
Bring in a prolific striker and a quality left winger and start to build the squad again

I really don't care for Rodwell, but we all know the majority of the funds would go into paying off the massive debt the club has anyway, so it's irrelevant.

i personally dont think its a done deal with United just yet as some of the papers were saying, but i seriously think we'd have to look at the money on the table
with no funds expected does anyone really want another summer of free signings ala Beckford who lets be honest hasnt really done it yet?
its good to see that we've opened up contract talks with Felli to avoid another Pienaar situation and i think as long as we keep hold of him we can afford to sell Rodwell
25 million is the price being quoted and personally for what hes contributed this season Id be delighted with it
Bring in a prolific striker and a quality left winger and start to build the squad again
could not agree more mate .all i can think of rodwell doing is going round kompany for mikels goal at city .and johny evans backing off into the black horse for him to score v man u . r there any more stand out moments in the prem league from young jack ?.25mill yes please

Sad state of affairs when were content to lose potential talent, all because were sick of then state of the club

Not disagreeing with you by the way, just at a crossroads with EFC to be honest.

If selling him means we hold on to Baines and Felli as well as gives Moyes some funds to make a few purchases it has to be done, but Moyes needs to drive up the price and got all he can for him. If the big offer is not there then Moyes has to hold on to him.

This..
If selling him means we hold on to Baines and Felli as well as gives Moyes some funds to make a few purchases it has to be done, but Moyes needs to drive up the price and got all he can for him. If the big offer is not there then Moyes has to hold on to him.

Sad state of affairs when were content to lose potential talent, all because were sick of then state of the club

Not disagreeing with you by the way, just at a crossroads with EFC to be honest.

Agree with this, how long we going to put up with our club selling potential star players just because our chairman isnt upto it.

Smalling Rodwell England CB's for 7 years. Heard it here first.
rodwell will never in a million years be a center half .moyes has played hibbert there 3 0r 4 times ahead of rodwell ,and my little scottie is a better center half than tony hibbert .think about it rodwell turns out to be a boss c h and moyes had and never will play him there. and he turns out to be an england center half . that will never happen .

rodwell will never in a million years be a center half .moyes has played hibbert there 3 0r 4 times ahead of rodwell ,and my little scottie is a better center half than tony hibbert .think about it rodwell turns out to be a boss c h and moyes had and never will play him there. and he turns out to be an england center half . that will never happen .

Rodwell and CB dont mix.

I believe Moyes. Coleman is no right winger, but at the moment he is picking up his trade in front of Phil and developing the attacking attributes he will require. Why any different for Jack of the cool & calm distribution from deep?

I believe Moyes. Coleman is no right winger, but at the moment he is picking up his trade in front of Phil and developing the attacking attributes he will require. Why any different for Jack of the cool & calm distribution from deep?

Moyes said recently that Jack maybe better as an attacking midfielder.

When Coleman has played rb he has done ok, when Rodwell has played CB he has been exposed quite a few times.

I have a suspicion that there's some spin at play with our handling of the Fellaini situation. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Moyes came out before too long and said that a deal couldn't be agreed to try and alter fans' opinion of Marouane and smooth the way for a transfer. We've seen it with Pienaar and again, initially, with Anichebe. My feeling is that we've got enough players to sell this summer to tide us over but that we might move the big Belgian on the summer after so as not to wind down his contract.

I really think all the talk about Rodwell is idle gossip and that there's no one prepared to spend big on him. In comparison, Wilshere is a much more rounded and complete player. Other international team mates such as Henderson, Cattermole, Albrighton and Cleverley have nailed down places for their respective clubs. I'm surprised to discover that Rodwell has actually made 65 appearances for us in a 4 year career. That compares to 67 games for Rooney before he made the switch to Old Trafford. Really you'd expect that he'd have settled on a position by now. It still seems like Moyes doesn't quite know what to do with him. I think that uncertainty transmits itself to the player. Can you honestly see someone spending the sort of money being quoted on Rodwell based on the evidence that we've seen so far?

My personal take on it is that Jack will fill Maroune's boots when he eventually departs. And I think that we'd do very well to get £25m for Fellaini, nevermind Rodwell. There's only really City and Chelsea who can pay that sort of money. City already have Yaya, DeJong, Barry and Vieira there. Whilst Chelsea have Essien, Mikel and Ramires who can hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.