Time machine to May 1995....

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 83977How many of these would get in our current side?

Southall, Watson, Dunc, Hinchcliffe, Limpar, Horne and/or Parkinson for sure.

Stuart, Unsworth and Ablett on the bench maybe.

Southall
Watson-------Holgate
Coleman------------------------Hinchcliffe
Gomes---------Horne
Limpar-------------------------------Bernard
Ferguson---Richarlison
Bench:
Pickford
DCL
Parkinson
Baines
Unsworth/Ablett
Rideout
Stuart

Southall, Watson, Dunc, Hinchcliffe, Limpar, Horne and/or Parkinson for sure.

Stuart, Unsworth and Ablett on the bench maybe.

Southall
Watson-------Holgate
Coleman------------------------Hinchcliffe
Gomes---------Horne
Limpar-------------------------------Bernard
Ferguson---Richarlison
Bench:
Pickford
DCL
Parkinson
Baines
Unsworth/Ablett
Rideout
Stuart
As much as I rate hinchcliffe (corners especially) Baines is a much better all round player.

There's a lot of revisionism about Royle's time here, mainly because he was the last manager to win us a trophy. He clearly did a brilliant job at first, but things had gone badly, badly south before he left.We'd won 2 of our last 14 league games, one of which was home to Forest who finished bottom with 20 odd points, it also included a run of 6 consecutive defeats. We got knocked out of the cups that season by York and Bradford, despite being drawn at home to both. Some of his signings (Hottiger, Thomsen, Barrett, Gerrard) regularly make it into the 'all time worst' discussions on here. I love Joe Royle, but he wasn't a great manager.

There's a lot of revisionism about Royle's time here, mainly because he was the last manager to win us a trophy. He clearly did a brilliant job at first, but things had gone badly, badly south before he left.We'd won 2 of our last 14 league games, one of which was home to Forest who finished bottom with 20 odd points, it also included a run of 6 consecutive defeats. We got knocked out of the cups that season by York and Bradford, despite being drawn at home to both. Some of his signings (Hottiger, Thomsen, Barrett, Gerrard) regularly make it into the 'all time worst' discussions on here. I love Joe Royle, but he wasn't a great manager.
We would've gone down that season if it wasn't for the great start we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.