Time for change

Sack sack sack??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha Ha.

Am I reading this right - people think the cone laying galloot will be FT manager of Everton?

Right or wrong mate, it'll be Ferguson.

I'd be shocked if their list wouldn't be (top 2 in a relagation battle, bottom 2 if we were midtable)

Ferguson
Moyes
Martinez
Silva

Hope you’re wrong, cause I won’t be going with Ferguson.

I’d laugh at your list if it wasn’t true, maybe add Allardyce in there for a full circle.

But by the same token, you’re saying you want Benitez out, but he hasn’t been given time to work with his best XI, or build a squad.

He put faith in Mount, but Chelsea’s youth side is stacked with talent. We literally have nothing waiting to come through.

Same point that Tuchel came in, and he got the side who couldn’t gel, to help quickly. He fixed the defensive issues immediately.

Just don’t think Lampard the choice.
Tuchel is elite. We won't be getting any elite manager

That doesnt mean Lampard wouldn't do well. Just because he got replaced by one of the very best doesnt make him a bad manager.

Has benitez ever rebuilt a squad and backed youth? We need someone who will commit to that strategy. Signing Rondon etc goes against that.

Everything about Everton should be good. We’ve got excellent training facilities, a new stadium coming, a huge fan base…

But we’ve just got it wrong everywhere else for years, that you’re trying to win everyone over, we’re rock bottom. We have no money, we have uninterested players.

I just think it’s a bad job to have.l, and any manager who turns that round is brilliant in my eyes.

But the squad Moyes inherited at least had heart, and he did fantastically well to turn the ethos around and make us competitive. This is the worst Everton squad in years and circles to my point of what’s the sell? Cause they’re coming and they can’t spend.

Ita a great post mate "got everything wrong in years" and yes that is going to come home to roost at some point.

Benitez would have known exactly how much he had to spend (though I think he would have thought Kean would be sold but we have a DoF who would struggle to sell sand to someone looking to make a beach) and I'm sure after 1 big player sale (Richarlison, DCL or both) we'll be back to square one where we can start again and be more prudent.

That would start this summer imo and I'd back any manager with a bit of hunger and desire and tactical nous to see us through until then

There is nothing wrong with changing manager. Its normal in 2021.

I wanted Potter. But its not my job to scout managers. The idea there are not managers out there who can improve us is a bit silly in my opinion.

We need a new DOF alongside a new manager. Brands position has been untenable for a long time.
You said a new manaher that would reform the club and change it's structures.
Would Potter achieve that. ??

Tuchel is elite. We won't be getting any elite manager

That doesnt mean Lampard wouldn't do well. Just because he got replaced by one of the very best doesnt make him a bad manager.

Has benitez ever rebuilt a squad and backed youth? We need someone who will commit to that strategy. Signing Rondon etc goes against that.

I’m not saying we’re getting an elite manager. I’m saying Lampard would not be suitable for our manager due to the sheer pressure of the Everton job.

He’s started his career well, he just wouldn’t succeed at Everton in 2021.

We signed Rondon because he can’t spend money and Benitez thought he’d do a job. He didn’t. He was never the long term solution.

Ita a great post mate "got everything wrong in years" and yes that is going to come home to roost at some point.

Benitez would have known exactly how much he had to spend (though I think he would have thought Kean would be sold but we have a DoF who would struggle to sell sand to someone looking to make a beach) and I'm sure after 1 big player sale (Richarlison, DCL or both) we'll be back to square one where we can start again and be more prudent.

That would start this summer imo and I'd back any manager with a bit of hunger and desire and tactical nous to see us through until then

We’re a mess from top to bottom.

Whatever reasons Benitez had for taking the job, we’ll never know.

I have said a few times that the reason I was against Benitez, is a few bad results and the place would turn toxic and here we are. Injuries can’t be helped and everything has gone against him, but it’s preventable.

Genuinely don’t know who steadies the ship, just in my opinion it shouldn’t even be considered that Lampard or Ferguson are the people do so.

We're 11th in the league....beaten by lowly Man City....at their ground....

stick_figure_run_hair_fire_300_wht.gif

I think he's capable of it yes.

But it's impossible to say any manager would definitely achieve it.

A lot depends on who dictates recruitment in future. I'd prefer it to be a new manager with no DOF or other interference.
No manager will come in here and change the whole culture of the club while we have the people at the top in charge.
Its like the dallas cowboys having Jerry Jones making decions. Their ego is too big to let that happen

It was going wrong.

Tuchel came in, and the players turned up. There were murmurs that Lampard was too stubborn to change his play, and that’s plagued managers at Everton in the past.

I’m not saying he won’t be a good manager, but not for Everton, at the moment.

We’ve been hampered by players not turning up for 5 years, if Ancelotti etc can’t do it, I ist can’t see Lampard doing it.
Ancelotti was absolutely the wrong manager for this club. Arm around the shoulders of top players, not someone who gets players working through the roof for the club.

No manager will come in here and change the whole culture of the club while we have the people at the top in charge.
Its like the dallas cowboys having Jerry Jones making decions. Their ego is too big to let that happen
Yeah but the Cowboys generally recruit well in the draft!

We have an owner who openly talked about scouting Cenk Tosun. It's not really comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.