Tim Cahill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have retired about 5 years ago. That's no disrespect to him, as I love the guy. My favourite ever Everton player. Dunno if he's done his badges, but if so I'd love him back with us one day.

Would love him in a coaching role but don't think he'd take it, seems very much to be a free spirit who enjoys flitting around.

Best player along with Arteta of the past 20 years, Pienaar coming in 3rd. Favourite goal will always be that late equaliser at Anfield when they went from giving it the big'un to stunned silence.

Great player. Epitomized everything that was good about the Moyes era Everton.

Not interested in any player getting a coaching job based off their playing career though. Only the best coaches are welcome on the coaching team.

I'd have him here in an ambassadorial role like a shot though. Would rather see him meeting sponsors than that ferret Osman.

No to being a coach just because he played for us.

He will get an international ambassador title like Pienaar and that's that.

He's much more valuable as Brand Cahill these days than Tim Cahill.

I can honestly see phil Neville as manager and tim cahill as assistant / number one coach ...

as much as I didnt admire Phil nevilles playing ability, you couldn't knock his desire and professionalism

I think he will prove to be a great manager , and Cahill is his best bud, and equally as passionate about Everton and about winning.

A quick point on ex-players and coaching.

If ex-players go into coaching I am all for the club assisting them down that route and reaffirming the connection between the club and the player. Then the ones who excel (Arteta) every so often could possibly be welcomed into the club fold at a senior level. Or the ones who go out there and become decent managers will still have that affinity with the club for getting them started after they retired from playing.

Getting a senior position at the club shouldn't come before they prove that they're a good coach though. To that point I'd be happy to see Rooney come back when he retires and see what's there. That for me was how he should have come back in the first place rather than as a finished player.

Status
Not open for further replies.