Tickets : Buying to sell

Is it OK to buy away tickets purely to sell them on ?

• Yep - Been going on for years, no harm in it

Votes: 26 16.5%
  • Nope - It makes it harder for people to get their own credits

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Too tricky to say - on toast

Votes: 26 16.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolly Blue

Player Valuation: £80m
GOT has a very successful thread allowing posters to exchange tickets at face value and while I've never bought a ticket of anyone from here, I have sold/ passed on a few to people I know reasonably well off the forum, so I'm not judging anyone here.

However, I can't help but note there's a fair amount of away tickets being bought where the purchasers are putting them up for sale almost immediately, or offering to buy them before they go on sale.

So, the question is, is this fine, or is it pushing the boundaries a bit ?

I'm aware that this is an emotive issue, so your vote won't be publicly visible.

Was always going to be the negative of the £30 ticket. It'll be almost impossible to build up enough away credits to be a 'regular' away fan from now on. I'm not sure what credits the bigger games and Saturday 3pm's sell out on, I'd estimate 10? I'd never be able to build that up now, I wouldn't of thought.

Having said that, I can see why people do it. Otherwise they'd start to lose their place.

wouldn't buying tickets to sell them on stop new fans getting tickets who never been before ?

If you don't know the people selling them on then how do you get tickets if its all bought up by someone else ?

GOT has a very successful thread allowing posters to exchange tickets at face value and while I've never bought a ticket of anyone from here, I have sold/ passed on a few to people I know reasonably well off the forum, so I'm not judging anyone here.

However, I can't help but note there's a fair amount of away tickets being bought where the purchasers are putting them up for sale almost immediately, or offering to buy them before they go on sale.

So, the question is, is this fine, or is it pushing the boundaries a bit ?

I'm aware that this is an emotive issue, so your vote won't be publicly visible.

On here?

If so, name/report them or pipe down.

For me, if you buy with the intention to sell, then it can be seen as wrong. If you buy and have no choice but to sell, then shouldn't be over face value. (which tbf, most aren't)

On here?

If so, name/report them or pipe down.

It's commonplace in the ticket thread these days mate.
Stoke went on sale last Friday. Boro's not been announced yet.

Here's a few posts taken at random

Looking for adult tickets for boro away. Will take any. Singles or doubles. need 5. Long shot I know

Could get you 2 if you want mate

2 spare tickets for stoke away, 1 is an adult and 1 is an under 17. £47 for both face value, will need to be posted.

Drop me a message on here if interested to organise.

2 tickets available for Middlesbrough and Stoke both adults due to work commitments

Have got 2 spares for palace on the weekend, and can get 2 for stoke if needed. All face value of course

If you go back further you'll see plenty of posts where people are offering tickets either before they're on sale or almost straight away.

Was always going to be the negative of the £30 ticket. It'll be almost impossible to build up enough away credits to be a 'regular' away fan from now on. I'm not sure what credits the bigger games and Saturday 3pm's sell out on, I'd estimate 10? I'd never be able to build that up now, I wouldn't of thought.

This sort of thing gets said a lot but it's not really true. Palace - our first Saturday 3pm away game since October - went down to 3 credits, which anyone could have got just by going to the home cup games (Yeovil, Norwich, Leicester) alone. Sunderland and Southampton went on general sale, Leicester went to STH only with 0 credits. Stoke is currently on sale to people with 6 credits. It's still more than possible for people wanting to go to away games to get on the ladder.

This sort of thing gets said a lot but it's not really true. Palace - our first Saturday 3pm away game since October - went down to 3 credits, which anyone could have got just by going to the home cup games (Yeovil, Norwich, Leicester) alone. Sunderland and Southampton went on general sale, Leicester went to STH only with 0 credits. Stoke is currently on sale to people with 6 credits. It's still more than possible for people wanting to go to away games to get on the ladder.
Fair enough. I honestly didn't realise that.

It's commonplace in the ticket thread these days mate.

Commonplace?

Really? Behave.

Take @Andy EFC 33 you've highlighted.

Looks bad there, but on review;

upload_2017-1-16_16-46-9.png

upload_2017-1-16_16-46-42.png

Seems alright to me - offering tickets, sometimes asking for some. That is what it's there for.

If there is a member who is consistently offering tickets before on sale etc, then report and we'll pick it up.

Commonplace?

Really? Behave.

Take @Andy EFC 33 you've highlighted.

Looks bad there, but on review;

View attachment 33441
View attachment 33442

Seems alright to me - offering tickets, sometimes asking for some. That is what it's there for.

If there is a member who is consistently offering tickets before on sale etc, then report and we'll pick it up.

I picked posts at random and wasn't saying Andy, or anyone else I quoted was doing it regularly.

You asked for info, I gave you some, don't shoot the messenger !

Status
Not open for further replies.