Ticket prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
For some reason I'd been believing that ticket prices at GP had been held down for this season. But looking to get tickets for the games in Scotland I've just noticed the information for the opening couple of games and seen the lowest prices (presumably obstructeds in Gwladys St) as £38 for Watford and an eye-watering £42 for City. How do these sort of prices compare to last season, anyone know? Appalling really.

For some reason I'd been believing that ticket prices at GP had been held down for this season. But looking to get tickets for the games in Scotland I've just noticed the information for the opening couple of games and seen the lowest prices (presumably obstructeds in Gwladys St) as £38 for Watford and an eye-watering £42 for City. How do these sort of prices compare to last season, anyone know? Appalling really.

About the same

Our highest season ticket price

Is lower than Spurs lowest season ticket price.

Just saying.

Season ticket prices were 'frozen', but not match day tickets.

The club have moved to a 3 tier price structure this season instead of 4 tier.

Last season's Park End prices were

Cat A £47 (3 matches)
Cat B £46 (2)
Cat C £45 (2)
Cat D £40 (12)
£803 Total

This season

Cat A £49 (3 matches (TBC))
Cat B £45 (3)
Cat C £42 (13)
£828

I don't think the club announces which category each match is classed as until the game goes on sale.

Last season Villa was a 'Cat D' game, so I'm guessing this season it'll be C.

Last Season :

Cat A - Liverpool, Man U, Man C
Cat B - Arsenal, Chelsea
Cat C - Stoke (Boxing Day), Spurs (last game of season)
Cat D - All other 12

Cheapest adult tickets (Family Enclosure aside) were £34 for the lowest category games last season in the Lower Bullens and Gwladys.

I went to 11 home games including the derby last year for £155.

I know we ain't in Europe this season, but if you're on a budget then I would suggest making use of any cheaper cup games and then StubHub.

Also concessionary tickets. My Dad turned 65 last August but it was January before he realised he was paying more than he needed to.

Prices are mad. Proof the TV deal has done nothing for us.

I went to 11 home games including the derby last year for £155.

I know we ain't in Europe this season, but if you're on a budget then I would suggest making use of any cheaper cup games and then StubHub.

Also concessionary tickets. My Dad turned 65 last August but it was January before he realised he was paying more than he needed to.

Prices are mad. Proof the TV deal has done nothing for us.

Furthers my argument that the club are trying their best to force non-ST holders into paying out for one.

Less chance of away games, Affordable Priceplans, and now more expensive matchday tickets.

Furthers my argument that the club are trying their best to force non-ST holders into paying out for one.

Less chance of away games, Affordable Priceplans, and now more expensive matchday tickets.

A lot of clubs do it. I finished the 92 last year so have been to a lot of random games in the lower leagues. Even the likes of Bradford, who do amazing cheap season ticket deals, and a deal using a flexi card, i.e. they buy one of them and its like a half season ticket but you pick your games, they still were charging over £20 for at the time League Two football. Also anyone seen the recent kick off with Sheffield Wednesday's ticket prices? 8 categories, the most expensive ticket in the top category being £52! In the Championship! Trying to force people into buying a season ticket and getting that guaranteed cash, when its simply not feasible for everybody, if you live far away, work some weekends etc.

unrelated,but villa got 1,200 for bournemouth,
we,ll be getting the same,
going to be a bit of a scramble,i think.

unrelated,but villa got 1,200 for bournemouth,
we,ll be getting the same,
going to be a bit of a scramble,i think.

Certainly will, especially if it stays on the Saturday. They were giving out 1,700 tickets max for league games in the Championship, but Prem rules say they dont have to offer any more than 10% so they wont.

Watford is Cat. B
Manchester City is Cat. A

I think the club would be happy if all fans bought season tickets at Early Bird prices.

The early bird discount for returning or renewing Season Ticket holders offers a minimum 25% saving when compared to purchasing on an individual game basis; there is also a 20% minimum discount for any supporter purchasing for the very first time before the early bird deadline.

STH money is available for the club to use in May and June when football clubs traditionally struggle for cash-flow because no TV money comes in that time of year.

That is why they are pushing us all towards the early bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.