Throw Everything At The League Cup Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next season with the top 7 getting excluded from it, the League Cup has to be a priority for me

It’s presents the best chance we’ve had in breaking our trophy drought and it can finally teach our squad what it means to win

If it’s not beneath clubs like City and United to win it in recent years then I see no reason why we should turn our noses up at it

Throw everything at it I say. Not being in Europe could end up being a blessing in disguise

We throw everything at it every season.

Never understand why people assume we try our best to get knocked out, we have played pretty strong teams in every round we got dicked out of.

I think we play our strongest team, we don't play with as much intensity as we do in the league. Although these days it's a photo finish admittedly.

I don't think the players care about it as much. Or anything. They are pathetic niallist worms.

I think we play our strongest team, we don't play with as much intensity as we do in the league. Although these days it's a photo finish admittedly.

I don't think the players care about it as much. Or anything. They are pathetic niallist worms.
Dont suppose you can remember the name of that airline in South America who wiped that footy team out do you?

We're running out of options and it might be worth a look

I just find the implication we don't try a bit laughable.

Back in the day we would play yoots and squad players, but recently we have played practically our strongest teams.

Its not through a lack of trying, when lesser teams and we are a lesser team, win cups, they need luck more than anything.

We got knocked out the FA Cup this year by a team who tried its best to fail.
We didn't rotate at all for the game we lost to Leicester either. I'm genuinely not sure what would be different next year other than the team just being better at football.

I just find the implication we don't try a bit laughable.

Back in the day we would play yoots and squad players, but recently we have played practically our strongest teams.

Its not through a lack of trying, when lesser teams and we are a lesser team, win cups, they need luck more than anything.

I think we used to try the weakened sides thing when we were in Europe and it failed completely.

Now I think our management for quite some time has done what the fans wanted and put out full sides who have put out weakened performances more often than not.

I don't have any evidence apart from my wank-weakened eyes but I don't often see the will to win in the players. Maybe that says more about the players than the desire from management and club though.

Status
Not open for further replies.