Thomas Hitzlsperger vs Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitzlesperger > Neville

And he's left footed whereas Gibson's right footed, so that's handy if they play together.

I like how calm he is on the ball... Slows the game down in a positive way, giving forward players time to make space.

I like how calm he is on the ball... Slows the game down in a positive way, giving forward players time to make space.

That was my feeling watching the clip too. He had time not took time if you get my meaning.

Hopefully he had add stability and options to our Central midfield

He may well make a decent squad player that we'v picked up for free.

Lets not start sucking his plumbs yet tho... I don't recall any of his previous clubs being to gutted at him moving on.

During the match thread, Hitzlsperger was getting mixed reaction. In the game (or two?) before,the reaction was that he was a slower version of Neville, even though he came on as a late sub.

He needs more games before we know if he solves a problem. How come West Ham didn't want to renew his contract then?

I found it funny he was quickly written off by many even though he was a German international and Villa fans still rave about him. You can just tell watching 30secs of the he's a much more forward thinking player with more quality on the ball and with his distribution than a certain errr....captain.

He's much taller/bigger than I remembered.

That's cool, considering that his midfield partner is built like Carla off Cheers.

I was made up when we signed the Hammer, just for the fact I've loved him since he was at Villa scoring them boss goals. I think he looked pretty impressive on his debut, clever usage of the ball and a danger on the edge of the box. Get him to full fitness and he can be a first team regular, having him to spray the passes and sit on set pieces, with gibbo to break up the play - fishy.

During the match thread, Hitzlsperger was getting mixed reaction. In the game (or two?) before,the reaction was that he was a slower version of Neville, even though he came on as a late sub.

He needs more games before we know if he solves a problem. How come West Ham didn't want to renew his contract then?

where West Ham not relegated and he then left ? He then went to Wolfsberg so i think West Ham were tightening their belts. My concern would be that he has not played alot of footy over the last 3/4 years, hes definately capable of being a good squad player but with everyone fit he would be on the bench. But Gibson looks like he may be injury prone so he may get a run in the 1st team.

Status
Not open for further replies.