Thomas Gravesen aka Mad Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massively overrated. Sitting in the TB you saw just how indisciplined he was. Not saying he didn’t have ability, he did & when he was good he was good, but no question Carsley made him look better than he actually was.

Real Madrid signing him has to be one of the most bizarre signings in history.
This,
Same as Fellaini for me,
Vastly overrated.

he wasn't a midfield destroyer. Strange post.

People have that misconception because he went wild and proper 'chicken with no head' when he lost the plot - but you're right, he was more of a ball playing midfielder, albeit an aggressive one.

His actual position may not have been classic Makalele-style, but his tackling-game was would you expect an enforcer/destroyer to do. He was a tidy passer also, I grant yous.

A ball-playing midfield enforcer is probably a fitting compromise descriptor for Tommy.

Carsley made him

Correct! Destroyer my ar5e. Couldn’t tackle his breakfast. He tackled like a striker. Poor technique, often rash. Decent with the ball, could see a pass, but he chased the ball like a dog chases a stick. Carsley Covered his mistakes.

Bit like how Jags covered Lescott’s poor positioning. Got found out at citeh.

I thought he was a cracking player. Head and shoulders better than most of the crap we had before him.
This.

I remember coming down for a game when morale was low and the team were poor,the crowd were frustrated at him yet he was the only one trying to play football, unfortunately his passes and through balls were not connecting that day.

A great character Tommy and a decent player on his day, as previously stated it seemed a strange one Real Madrid coming in for him but he did ok there as I recall.

His actual position may not have been classic Makalele-style, but his tackling-game was would you expect an enforcer/destroyer to do. He was a tidy passer also, I grant yous.

A ball-playing midfield enforcer is probably a fitting compromise descriptor for Tommy.
I don't think you've ever seen him play to be honest, on the ball, with others to do the graft he won games on his own, in particular when we finished fouth, never an enforcer or tackler, very off assessment that

Status
Not open for further replies.