This weeks full game

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the smile on Moyes face after looking at Rooney going in the tunnel. He was in love. So were we all.

Stomach churning been robbed have having a talent like that taking from us.

What a day, what a player, what a goal, no one wanted to go home, little did we know, but we should have done, nothing good lasts forever at Goodison, then again we’ve always had hope, yis, get over this virus, and things will start picking up, I can feel it.!!!

Forgot about Rooney's attempt with the outside of his boot in the closing stages. What a goal that would've been

True story about the second Baines free kick

As he stepped up to take it I turned to a random bloke next to me and said "If he scores this I'll call my first son Leighton"

So yeah, that's a discussion I may have to have one day...
I was watching that game in a social club. Unfortunately the TV pictures were running a couple of seconds behind real time and a guy at the bar who was watching it on his mobile (comparatively rare in those days) announced to everyone that he scores and so took some of the elation away. If Baines had been on Utd's or Chelsea's books at the time Sky would still be showing film of his two free kicks now.

I'd forgotten just how bad Li Tie was in this game. He made Linderoth look like a world beater when he came on as sub for him. Having said that, the worst performance on show was by Uriah Rennie! Another one of those star-struck refs who was desperate to be pals with the players and share a laugh and a joke with them, rather than be the guy who enforced the rules. He must have missed about five penalties (most of them for Arsenal) and seemed to think that raised stud challenges long after the ball had gone (by both sides) were ok!

I wouldn't mind seeing a decent european game. A couple that stick in my mind outside of the obvious ones are the battering we gave Wolfsburg (4-1) and the away game against Metallist Kharkiv, I remember it being a nervy night and Anichebe scoring late to seal it I think.
The Wolfsburg game would be great, they were really rated at the time and we gave them an absolute lesson! Fooled me yet again into thinking we might be going places :/

The Wolfsburg game would be great, they were really rated at the time and we gave them an absolute lesson! Fooled me yet again into thinking we might be going places :/

Both Wolfsburg games were mad tbh, they battered us for 180 mins but we came out 6-1 over both games. I remember really hoping we didn't face them again if we'd made it to the quarters and beyond... thought we'd have got our comeuppance haha.

Think if I had the choice of the two of them I'd go for the away game though, proper, proper smash and grab with beautiful scenes in the away end.

Status
Not open for further replies.