This season vs Martinez 13/14 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly why he rested McCarthy. Unfortunately it was the wrong decision but as I said if we had played originally we wouldn't have had to rest McCarthy.
Yep. Also wanted to play Distin in that MF berth he also played in against United?

The ability of this team to lose the ball in possession is in stark contrast to the Martinez team's ability to retain it.

We are uncomfortable with the ball at our feet. We try and get the ball out wide and forward way too often, and it's predictable and is easily picked off by the opposition and / or easy for them to regroup against.

The ability of this team to lose the ball in possession is in stark contrast to the Martinez team's ability to retain it.

We are uncomfortable with the ball at our feet. We try and get the ball out wide and forward way too often, and it's predictable and is easily picked off by the opposition and / or easy for them to regroup against.
This team lacks pace and everyone but James is terrified to pass forward

I'd say lower. 60 points.
Wasn't even saying it to knock Martinez mate. This team isn't great but Ancelloti is doing well I don't think the pts haul will be that low. Hard to see after a loss but we've 10 wins under us, joint on pts with Spurs and 4 pts behind Liverpool with a game in hand. Win our next game and only 8pts off top so 5th or 6th is achievable imo. Still think we should buy some cover this window to achieve this but it's on imo. 66pts.

Very predictable, with no balance at all, everything has to go through James and digne

Status
Not open for further replies.