This season vs Martinez 13/14 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren’t losing as much in Marty’s 1st season
great-scott-conklin-media.gif

That's interesting as Siggy was signed a full year after Martinez became Belgium Manager

Could you explain why Roberto was still signing players for us over a year after he was sacked please.

No, i think you've missed my point there.

We have continuously signed players uninterested since the days of Martinez crumbling like Sigurdsson. Besic, Cleverley, Niasse, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Tosun, shall i go on?

Now the players are invested and want to play... well, most of them.

I still think the Moyes 07-08 team would give both a game.

Best Everton team in my lifetime that.

Can't believe we lost 11 times that season. Whole season crumbled after losing to Fiorentina. Moyes built that team, but bottling it at Fiorentina away was unforgivable. We were unstoppable until that moment.

Let's be honest, the first Martinez season was awesome, ok it went sour later but the hope and enjoyment was something we had been waiting for.
Bob added some attacking tactics to a defence that had been well drilled by Moyes, got in Lukaku which Moyes would never have even considered, it went pear shaped after Bob ignored defence for long enough.. I really did enjoy that season, hopefully the points tally will be similar this season that would be enough for top 4 this year.

I loved Carsley. One of the most underrated players we ever had. He did the DM job on his own since him we've constantly had 2 players in as DM and alot of the time the 2 weren't as effective as him.
You would think that you absolute potato.

Bob added some attacking tactics to a defence that had been well drilled by Moyes, got in Lukaku which Moyes would never have even considered, it went pear shaped after Bob ignored defence for long enough.. I really did enjoy that season, hopefully the points tally will be similar this season that would be enough for top 4 this year.

Don't even think it was the defence. Think he neglected everything for possession.

How many times did you see us control a game by mind numbingly passing the ball around the back 4, then to Barry, then back to the back 4. It was woeful. Something just changed though, from being in pre-agreed US international tournaments, to scraping last minute friendlies against Paderborn and then Celta Vigo in Birkenhead.

We didn't know what we were doing on and off the field.

Let’s have it right that Martinez season was unbelievable, honestly thought we was onto something special there the way was playing. Really exciting times with a bunch of great young talent.

That season and the season we finished 4th under Moyes are my best memories as a blue, I still remember having a pint in the Harlech castle the newcastle game, whole boozer bouncing everyone singing....”show me the way to Barcelona, Real Madrid and A.S Roma!”- Great times.

Let’s have it right that Martinez season was unbelievable, honestly thought we was onto something special there the way was playing. Really exciting times with a bunch of great young talent.

That season and the season we finished 4th under Moyes are my best memories as a blue, I still remember having a pint in the Harlech castle the newcastle game, whole boozer bouncing everyone singing....”show me the way to Barcelona, Real Madrid and A.S Roma!”- Great times.
Reading over that... it’s quite sad they are my best memories in just over 30 years as a blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.