This club is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a mental thing with us, think the quality is there just the mentality of the squad is all wrong, it’s like acceptance of defeat is normal.

We need a proper leader and a winner, too many players go missing in games, there’s no real desire to react and get some sort of run going, we show to much respect to average sides.

Sarri said yesterday it’s hard to motivate his players at times, maybe it’s the same with us? Maybe it’s just a sign of modern times? Players that earn so much money and have so much power just don’t care once their real prize and motivation is no longer available, I dread to think the outcome of games for the rest of the season if we managed to get beat on Saturday against Millwall.
A few years back I was at a blackpool everton pretty season game. I was at the bar after the match talking to a couple of blackpool players. 1 of them said. I turned to Mo johnson, you could of run on to that ball and could of scored. Mo's reply was, why should I run, i'n

The problem (in my opinion) that has developed since Moshiri has arrived has been the approach in trying to close the gap to the top 6. He has clearly provided the finances for us to be achieving 7th as a minimum each season, but the way we have gone about it has been all wrong.

Moshiri went out and put his faith in Koeman and Walsh and those appointments turned out to not just be poor decisions but terrible ones. Except for a few good additions, and in Gana's case, an excellent addition for the money we paid for him (£7m), we have overspent by millions bringing in the wrong type of player.

I think when Moyes was here he brought in a type of player that could work hard for the team, get the best out of their ability and could fit in to the system that Moyes wanted to play. Take Marcus Bent in 04-05 as an example. A limited player who came in, worked hard and got the most out of his own ability and was willing to play the role the Manager wanted from him for a good 4 or 5 months before Beattie was brought in. Bent played a big part in us ending up 4th that season.

With most of our signings since Moshiri has come in, we've signed individuals and most of them don't have the right kind of attitude.

The problem (in my opinion) that has developed since Moshiri has arrived has been the approach in trying to close the gap to the top 6. He has clearly provided the finances for us to be achieving 7th as a minimum each season, but the way we have gone about it has been all wrong.

Moshiri went out and put his faith in Koeman and Walsh and those appointments turned out to not just be poor decisions but terrible ones. Except for a few good additions, and in Gana's case, an excellent addition for the money we paid for him (£7m), we have overspent by millions bringing in the wrong type of player.

I think when Moyes was here he brought in a type of player that could work hard for the team, get the best out of their ability and could fit in to the system that Moyes wanted to play. Take Marcus Bent in 04-05 as an example. A limited player who came in, worked hard and got the most out of his own ability and was willing to play the role the Manager wanted from him for a good 4 or 5 months before Beattie was brought in. Bent played a big part in us ending up 4th that season.

With most of our signings since Moshiri has come in, we've signed individuals and most of them don't have the right kind of attitude.

I agree Marcus Bent was excellent for us in the first half of 04/05. It was when Moyes decided to unfairly drop him after he bought that carthorse Beattie, a player totally unsuited to playing the lone striker role, that our form started to drop off in the second half of the season which could've easily cost us fourth place.

+1 my friend. Excellent! Totally agree.

I agree Marcus Bent was excellent for us in the first half of 04/05. It was when Moyes decided to unfairly drop him after he bought that carthorse Beattie, a player totally unsuited to playing the lone striker role, that our form started to drop off in the second half of the season which could've easily cost us fourth place.

I thought Beattie came in in the summer of 05/06?

Update from Saturday, got my season card back and an email earlier saying they are refunding my payment for the match on Saturday.
Least they have made an effort, still sucks to have missed the first 25 minutes but hopefully the club will make sure this doesn't happen again
Latest update, despite the email on the 9th to say they would they didnt actually refund the payment to me haha useless

Yep, I was there.

He scored every shot in his warm up and I was convinced he was going to be better than Ruud Van Nistelrooj

I never rated him while he was at Southampton and didn't want us to sign him. I hoped to be proved wrong but, apart from a spell towards the end of 05/06 when he played quite well, he was overall a flop here. He just didn't fit in. Took a decent pen though.

I couldn't believe Moyes somehow blagged £4.5m out of Sheff Utd when he moved him on in 2007.

See the scenes at the end for Millwall? Better result and performance than we´ve had in years. Thread is correct. We are a complete joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.