This club is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
This club is a joke.

Spent a fortune. Spent more than even the RS since mosh took over but we are being so badly run we are 10th. With a 52m New stadium which will be probably like the 10th biggest in the country by the time (if it even gets done) it's built.

Lack of ambition is the problem.

We are happy to have BFS, Silva etc all mediocre managers who have won F**** all that's relevant.

The RS where 8th when they got klopp in.

Why aren't we going after someone who is top class and throw money at then?

Get a top manager in and top class players follow.

The RS struggled to get players in with Rodgers because he was a no mark. As soon as klopp got in, they were able to get a new breed of player. And all of a sudden they are good again .

Get a top class manager and everything falls into place. Sadly mosh is a fraud.

And your nominee to carry us to glory in the 3-6 months that you and others will give him before wanting him out is......?

Exactly what has klopp won?

Even if he wins nothing during his entire tenure, as long as he continues to keep them relevant he’s building a solid structure that an even better manager can do wonders with. Stepping stones to success. That’s what we’ll be building if we go down the evolution rather than successive revolutions route.

Err your namesake left at the end of last season incase you didn't notice and granted Kenwright should have done the honourable thing and retired after the initial 6 months to allow a new man/woman to step in

Yes so Elstone was still in position when the dust had settled. Moshiri didn’t bin him off. He was in the role for ages afterwards.

If you wanna say Moshiri has practically spunked 350m up a wall, I wont argue.

But to say he hasnt invested enough is just a downright dirty lie and I wont have it.

Lukaku and Stoned recouped a lot of that money mein TransferWatchingFrondel

Even if he wins nothing during his entire tenure, as long as he continues to keep them relevant he’s building a solid structure that an even better manager can do wonders with. Stepping stones to success. That’s what we’ll be building if we go down the evolution rather than successive revolutions route.

If we had a season like they had last year, it´d eclipse anything we´d done for 20 years.

If we had a season like they had last year, it´d eclipse anything we´d done for 20 years.

Very true.

You don’t have to win trophies to show progress. Trophies don’t provide immunity from oblivion (see Blackburn). For now, I’d be happy just to have people talk about us as an up and coming new swashbuckling side. I’ve advocated patience with Marco and hope he does improve things. A lingering worry though is his complete lack of personality and charisma. I know this is football and not a personality contest but I fear he just doesn’t have the magnetism to sell our project to potential blockbuster signings...

I think the problem is you don't get much for your money anymore. Look at players like Cahill, Howard, Jags, Baines, Arteta, Pienaar even Felaini. They came to Everton for every little money and largely had a positive impact on the club. The problem is we've bought average players for huge amounts of money. Keane, Klassen,Bolaise Sigs, Tosun, and to a lesser extent Pickford. I've never been less interested in Everton winning or losing, than I am now. Since the 2013/2014 season we've been largely awful, in many ways we're in a worse position than we were 9 10 years ago. We were at least able to challenge the bigger teams, especially at home. In recent years we've been thrashed by Liverpool twice, United once, humiliated at home to City and recently got thrashed by Spurs at home. I don't think we're any closer to finishing in the top 4 now than were were 10 years ago.

Err your namesake left at the end of last season incase you didn't notice and granted Kenwright should have done the honourable thing and retired after the initial 6 months to allow a new man/woman to step in
Didn’t realise Mosh took over at the end of last season mate???? Seems much longer ago !!!

Steve Walsh was seen as one of the best scouts in world football, it just didn't work out for him here. Can't fault the chairman for that.

I'm confused a bit, are you suggesting that we should stop spending money?
We should of not spent a bean on FS for sure. Tosun and co look like another waste of money.

And your nominee to carry us to glory in the 3-6 months that you and others will give him before wanting him out is......?
Someone who wasn't sacked twice on the bounce for doing a crap job?

Someone who didn't drink pints of gravy.

I can't believe people are even defending Silva. Have you seen the club's that are infront of and around us currently? Under Silva we have picked up less points than even the gravy drinker. After a crap load more investment and players coming in. And I see zero progress both in terms of points, position in the table. And even the football is a bit crap. He should never have been first choice.

I think the problem is you don't get much for your money anymore. Look at players like Cahill, Howard, Jags, Baines, Arteta, Pienaar even Felaini. They came to Everton for every little money and largely had a positive impact on the club. The problem is we've bought average players for huge amounts of money. Keane, Klassen,Bolaise Sigs, Tosun, and to a lesser extent Pickford. I've never been less interested in Everton winning or losing, than I am now. Since the 2013/2014 season we've been largely awful, in many ways we're in a worse position than we were 9 10 years ago. We were at least able to challenge the bigger teams, especially at home. In recent years we've been thrashed by Liverpool twice, United once, humiliated at home to City and recently got thrashed by Spurs at home. I don't think we're any closer to finishing in the top 4 now than were were 10 years ago.
Moyes was amazing when it came to the transfers side of things, he really was, if Brands can do as well pound for pound as he did we should be onto a good thing with him.
I half wish we could go back to that philosophy, look for some bargains off everyone radar, no point trying to compete for known top players as even if we do land them they ain't sticking around.

Numbnuts ?? I would start reading people’s posts properly before adding smart replies if I was you brainbox

Sigh, take your own advice and reread his post, it was referring to Elstone and Kenwright being here still in a present tense, only one of which is true, nothing to do with length of Moshiri's time here, not that you needed to jump on what was being said anyway

Exactly what has klopp won?
It's this sort of Ricky Bobby you ain't first you're last type of thinking that I don't understand and makes us a small club. You honestly think Klopp hasn't done wonders for Liverpool? They've been in the CL finals and has them playing amazing footy.

Brown Shoes "won" something, the FA Cup and got Wigan relegated. Is he a better manager than Klopp?

And, sadly, we won't be able to say "what has Klopp won" for much longer. Then where does that put us

Status
Not open for further replies.